12: We Made Some Eggs and Got Some Bad Vibes

A/n: Yes, another one! We'll see how long I can keep up this pace!

Today was one of those days again. Those days where there seemed to be a fog hanging over her head. Elise ditched her fruitless attempts at going back to sleep. It was only four, but it never hurt anybody to rise with the birds. Her mind was quiet so Elise assumed Blaziken and Mewtwo were still resting and decided to let them be. Sharing a bond with the female meant that they were almost an extension of her mind. She could feel what they chose to share through the bonds and likewise, Elise could do the same and whenever she needed some privacy, they would retreat to their Pokéballs.

Baggy brown eyes inspected the discoloration peeking out in the bathroom mirror. Turning off the lights she slinked door the floors to the kitchen. Using her phone to illuminate the kitchen, Elise decided that tamagoyaki would be quiet enough to prepare without waking anybody up. Ten minutes later, three servings of said rolled omelets sat on their respective dishes. Two of the dishes were covered, one for Mentor and one for Lucas.

Elise sat down with hers and a bowl of rice, nearly tripping over Pan, who was eyeing her with a mournful look. "Pan, no." She sternly reprimanded. "Go eat your own food." The dog let out a long whine as she ignored him and poked at her eggs.

They looked alright for being made in a circular pan. A little (a lot) overcooked perhaps, but that was the best one could do when one was self-taught. Snickering at the thought of her disaster cook of her brother attempting this, she was reminded of his Panic Fried Rice.

~~~

"Lucas?" A small voice interrupted the eleven-year-old from his homework. The large watery brown eyes of his seven-year-old sister met his. "I-I know you're busy but... can you grab something for me?"

The older Wing pushed his homework aside. "Of course! What do you need?"

He followed his sister to the kitchen, where she pointed to the pan. "Mom and dad are going to be home soon," she said. "I wanted to make some dinner before they get back... I haven't eaten yet."

Lucas's eyes widened. "What?? It's supposed to be your bedtime in..." He checked the clock. "Twenty minutes!" He motioned for her to sit down. "I'll make something for you!"

"But you don't know how to cook!"

"It's fine!"

Fifteen minutes later, her brother deposited a plate in front of her. "What's this?"

"It's my Panic Fried Rice!" Her brother panted.

Elise tried a bite. "It's good," she hummed. "Thanks, Lucas!"

~~~

Lucas was a weirdly great disaster cook. He put garlic in everything, used sesame oil too much, and would blow up a pan or two but the food was good and the mess cleaned. He got better over time but it was still a small gamble every time he cooked. Elise's smile dimmed as she absentmindedly pushed her almost untouched food around. Times were so much simpler back then.

Are you going to finish your food?

Elise grumbled, "Not hungry."

You should still eat.

"Mornin' Mewtwo." Deciding to bring her food with her, Elise left the table and went to grab a bento box. The bits of tamagoyaki looked sad in the box but she knew that she would finish them when her metabolism inevitably kicked her in the butt. Pan was laying underneath her feet so she tossed him a chunk and the dog gobbled it up with gusto.