4: One Really Tall Dude and A Parental Joke

The girl's room was dark, the curtain drawn closed to block out the sun from the window above Elise's bed. Across the room, the door creaked open and a pillow went flying straight into the girl's face, bouncing off and landing somewhere on the floor. Raucous laughter filled the room as Elise jerked out of her slumber and tumbled off her bed and onto the floor with a 'thump'. Still disoriented the female sat up and stood there surveying her messy room before she remembered the date.

        "It's the entrance exam day!" Elise yelled, tripping over the offending pillow. The girl rushed to get herself presentable and ready to meet up with Bakugou and Shoji so the three could go to U.A. for the entrance exam.

        I was wondering when you would realize that. Blaziken drawled from inside her head.

        Half-falling down the stairs, Elise picked up a sleeping Zigzagoon that she nearly kicked as she hissed, "Were you going to wake me up?" Her inquiry was met with laughter and even chuckles from her other quieter Pokémon companion. Petting the raccoon-like creature, Elise arrived in the kitchen where her brother was sitting and enjoying his breakfast.

        "You know it's..." he paused to check the clock above the entrance, "Five o'clock in the morning? And that you have to meet up with your friends at seven?"

        Elise narrowed her eyes at him, seething with anger. "You." She hissed, pointing a finger at him, "I will poison your coffee and put sand in your shoes, Lucas. You will rue the day you have crossed me."

        The commotion jostled the lazy creature in her arms and it soon leaped off as her brother nearly spat out his drink. Setting the cup down, the brown liquid which turned out to be coffee sloshing over the side and onto the counter. "Oh no! Not my shoes!" He whined dramatically. Lucas grinned at his younger sister when she gave him an unimpressed look. Picking up his cup of coffee one again, he said, "Don't you need to get ready to be with your boyfriends?"

        The girl who was grabbing some apple slices froze at that statement. "They are NOT my boyfriends!" Elise muttered. She gave a little bit to the Zigzagoon winding around her ankles and popped the rest into her mouth

        "Don't feed the Pokémon while you're eating, how many times do I have to tell you?" Her brother said.

        Elise turned around, mouth full of apples and said, "Weh."

        I can not believe you two have been living under the same roof without burning it down

        It takes a certain kind of skill. And this is about all that I have.

        Looking at the clock, Elise finished her apples and turned around to ask her brother, "Do we have any more bread?"

        The black-haired Wing nodded and stood up, grabbing the bread and lobbing it at his shorter sister.

        Elise yelped and ducked, the bag hitting the wall that her head was previously in front of. "Hey!" She shouted. All she got was was a chuckle as her brother left.

       ***

        Adjusting the bandana that was around her neck, Elise searched the streets for the telltale sign of her two friends. Seeing no sign of any of them she decided to wait. Taking out her phone, she idly scrolled through the news, taking note of the recent fight that took part. Interesting.

        You should be more cautious when going outside, especially at night.

        You sound like my parents... if they didn't throw me out like trash.