47: Three Students Walk Into a Bind

It turned out that Elise would not get around to a solid backup plan for fighting Aizawa with her team. Coming back in from her water break with Bakugou, she heard that the first trio had ran out of time in the end, two of the members being sent off to Recovery Girl to rest and recuperate. Katsuki had kept her with him, joining Mezo when he saw the tall male standing alone.

Together, they watched Tsuyu, Iida, and Tokoyami face Ectoplasm, all three working together when it seemed like there was no way out to gain the upper hand on the hero. Tsuyu had brought out the handcuffs from where they were stored inside her stomach thanks to her quirk. The item was then passed to Tokoyami, who had rushed at Ectoplasm face first, tossing the handcuffs to Iida as Black Shadow distracted the hero, ensuring a victory as Iida used his speed to round behind the distracted hero and clip the handcuffs onto him.

Thus ended the second match, and began the preparations for hers, Yaoyorozu's, and Mineta's.

"Do your best, Elise," Mezo said. "We're rooting for you."

"If you fail and have to stay back from the summer camp, I'll make sure to kick your ass too." Baugou bid. "You better pass, you've trained too much to not."

"Thanks, you two."

"Wing-chan, we should go!"

"Coming!"

***

"Everyone, you know the plan, right?" Yaoyorozu asked. All three of them were in their stage for this round, a faux neighborhood. This was her third time asking the group that question, as it seem that nerves were getting to her despite there being a few minutes until the starting signal rang.

Mineta nodded.

"It's a good plan," Elise added on. "I trust your planning, Yaoyorozu. Just give the word and I'll release the Fletchling." Discrete, yet still quick, the sparrow-like fire-type was perfect to view things from above.

Elise's words seemed to have boosted Yaoyorozu's confidence, the latter's eyes brightening as she stood up straighter. With a resolute nod, Yaoyorozu said, "Thank you. Wing, if you happen to move after you release the Fletchling, would it still be able to find you?"

"Yep."

"Alright. When the signal rings, please release your Pokémon and follow me."

The mechanical blare of the horn rung out soon after, a voice announcing, "Team Mineta, Wing, and Yaoyorozu, practical exam. Ready, go!"

Elise didn't hesitate in setting free her Pokémon with a cry of, "Fletchling!"

A radiant flash of red and bright orange and gray with flashes of black and white heralded the arrival of the avian. It fluttered around Elise as she explained what it needed to do. Find the long-haired man that would be in this area (please), come back if you see him, and point out where he is (thank you).

Thus it took to the skies in a rustle of feathers and Elise tucked its Pokéball onto her belt. The slight pull of the bond between her and the Fletchling stretched out as it flew away.

"Are we sure it's going to come back?" Mineta asked.

"Yes," Elise replied testily, rankled at Mineta's doubt.

"I think it's best if we don't remain sedentary any longer and start heading to the gates," Yaoyorozu said, beginning to set a quick pace towards the exit as she produced gourd-shaped objects from her skin. "Wing's companion will find us, so we don't have to worry about losing it."