43: Race, Race, Race!

In the end, it was Sero who came in first. In an unexpected turn of events, Midoriya had slipped, falling from his first place position and the pipe. As the first group began clearing out, Elise bid goodbye to a nearly unresponsive Bakugou and gave herself a final once-over as she began heading down into the training field. Kirishima joined her and Mezo, walking in amiable air.

"Last time it was students with high mobility, this time it looks like the look of us here have transformative-body heavy quirks, huh?" Kirishima theorized. "The last groups seem to be mostly emitters."

Shoji scanned the students in the group calmly. "Some of these placements can be debated though. There are some in this group who could be classified as one of the types of the other groups and vice versa."

Nodding his head enthusiastically, Kirishima agreed. "Yeah, like Wing! You could be in group three, no problem!"

"Ah, I guess I'm more of a wild card," Elise said, laughing bashfully. "Though I do use the transformation factor of my quirk more so it would make sense to put me here."

"True."

Entering the field, they began to split up. "Good luck you two!" Kirishima called back as he waved.

"You too!"

"You as well."

Elise hotfooted it to her position, making quick progress yet making sure to not waste her energy before the race. Surveying the area around her, she took stock of her options. The location that she was assigned to was at the foot of a towering silo, pipes passing around it. At this end of the field, the mock buildings had slanted roofs and oh so many waterlines running around the area.

Once the alarm sounds, I need to head directly towards All Might while keeping an eye out for a place where I can shift to take off.

Smart idea.

Watch your step. You do not want a repeat of what happened to Midoriya.

Elise stretched her arms above her head. Yep.

The hidden overhead announcement system crackled to life and All Might said, "All right group two! In your position. Get set. Go!"

The transformation took over her body, the stretch of limbs and bones coming easily. Powerful legs bunched up and jumped as the now Greninja form of the girl took off, leaping onto the silo and climbing higher. Clearing the top of the dome with a massive leap, Elise took in the environment around her in the split second that she hung in the air.

There!

Directly in the direction she needed to go was a flat rooftop. A perfect place for taking into the air. The moment her feet touched metal again she was in motion, powerful jumps propelling her forward as sticky finger pads allowed her to cling to pipes and walls as she deftly maneuvered through her environment.

Elise was dimly aware of the others with her in Field Gamma. A flash of red as Kirishima burst up through a rooftop. Purple circular orbs sticking to the pipes she just landed on evidence of Mineta. Birds veering past her as they responded to Koda's animal quirk. As Elise cleared over an alleyway, Uraraka rocketed up into the middle of the girl's path. It was only because of the Greninja form tongue wrapping around an adjacent pipe and pulling Elise out of the way that she didn't crash into Uraraka.

The other girl seemed to be intermittently using her quirk to boost her jumps, making herself weightless to clear large spaces and deactivating them when she could land safely. Uraraka's surprised face streaked by as Elise reoriented herself, still locked onto the flat rooftop coming closer. There were many variables she had to factor in once she reached the roof. The timing had to be correct as she landed, transformed, then transform again. If timed wrong, then it would lead to her being hurt or slipping from her position in the race.