𝐢𝐭'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞.

——————————

c͟͟͟͞͞͞o͟͟͟͞͞͞r͟͟͟͞͞͞p͟͟͟͞͞͞s͟͟͟͞͞͞e͟͟͟͞͞͞

"c-corpse. i can't." sykkuno was absolutely trembling by the amount of times we both had seen many.. many dead bodies.

they were all in different situations. trapped, dead on the floor, roaming, family deaths and much more.

it all obviously traumatised poor sykkuno. currently, he's shaken up after seeing our friend, lily. her dog must've eaten her as she would've liked it like that; her dead body was just roaming.

that was when we realised, even if you don't have the virus in you, changing into those ... monsters after death is super likely too.

either way if any of us dies, we turn into those zombies. we did not want that so we promised, if one of us are hurt badly, that's the end for both of us.

if one of us were to die, we both will die.

"corpse..." he whimpers in my shirt. "be quiet and listen to them..." he looks up at me with tears streaming down his face. "we can't turn into them"

i push his hair out of the way of his eyes and carefully place a kiss on his temple. "then we won't, princess." sykkuno sends me a warm smile.

"everything will be okay bubs. even if we saw our friend walking like a brainless dick, she's still with us by spirit." i boop his nose through love.

he starts to chuckle a bit and hug into my shirt and wiping his snot and tears on it.

"whoops. i'm sorry" he nervously smiles, wiping his mucus away. "it's okay syk, it's nothing really"

"just wanted to say, i love you okay?" i cup his cheeks, looking into his eyes with pure love.

"i love you" he says back before he plays a kiss on my cheek with a little snot left over but he wipes it off.

i hold onto sykkuno again before kissing his lips slowly to try and calm him down. "remember, we have each other no matter what okay?" he nods, sniffling.

"okay, right now we have to find the others. no clue where they are but we have to be close somewhere. i mean lily was near here when we walked past."

sykkuno nods at my response. "oh my god, don't we have the walkie talkies?" i gasp, completely forgetting about such thing.

"shit you're right." quickly, i grab the walkie talkie from my leather backpack and pressed the button down.

"is anyone there? over."

both sykkuno and i just stared at the walkie talkie nervously and impatiently.

so i tried again.

"it's corpse and sykkuno here, near the bakery pot, over."

we both sat down on the floor as we were standing previously. in the middle of sitting down i heard someone speaking through the speaker.

"hello? corpse?? sykkuno?? over." the voice sounded corrupted.

my heart skipped a beat, knowing they're not dead. we might have a chance to actually find our buddies.

"h-hello? where are y'all and who's speaking?? over."

"it's michael, rae and toast, over."

we both quietly cheered in happiness.

"where are you guys? over." i really hope they're near us, we need to stick together.

"we're literally near where y'all are at the moment. stay put, over."

at the background i could hear rae repeating her words of oh my god, finally while toast sounded like he was eating.

of course that bitch has food, he always has food.

"oh my god corpse! they're going to be here soon! we're going to be all together again" sykkuno whisper yelled in excitement.

few moments have past and we hear noise coming from the transceiver.

"it's us again, where are y'all, like which building and don't be a fucking smartass right now, over"

we both chuckle, knowing that we will in fact be smartasses.

i gesture the transceiver towards sykkuno for him to speak into it as he giggles, causing me to smile.

"we're up, over."

"up? the fuck you up, over."

we both chuckle.

"up ya ass, over" i continued which resulted in us to fall into a fit of laughter, as quiet as possible.

"oh my fucking god-"

"we're in the building right across the bakery pot with the metal cover door thing, cover." i cut him off.

"okay, we're going to tap 3 2 3 2, over." "okay, over."

few seconds later, there's a series of taps.

tap, tap, tap.

pause.

tap, tap.

pause.

tap, tap, tap.

pause.

tap, tap.

sykkuno and i gasp in sync, causing us both to laugh. "it's them!" he exclaimed and i nod, making my way to opening the metal cover with the lever as fast a possible.

"guys, y'all have to quickly come in okay, since this metal shit will make a ton of noise, over." i spoke in the transceiver quickly as i could.

my transceiver then makes a sound, assuming they answered by a faint 'yes'.

quickly but quietly as i could, i pull the lever which surprisingly didn't cause any noise as they all bent down to come in and i close it it up again.

"fuck, where the fuck were y'all" i whisper yelled, which lowkey hurt my throat a little but who cares.

rae dusts off her clothes before seeing sykkuno and running up to him with a relief expression.

"we were still at the house" michael explained and i nod. "i'm just glad y'all are alright but lily..."

i look down, feeling sadness all over again. the same sadness i hid from sykkuno to let him know everything will be alright.

rae gasps. "no... not lily.."

sykkuno looks down before looking at her. "she fed herself to her pup, she was the type of person to keep her words."

rae looks down with sadness in her eyes. "it's okay. she'll be with us throughout this journey."

suddenly rae gasps once more. "sykkuno!!?? why were you crying?? are you okay??" he rubs the back of his neck.

"uhm.. yeah don't worry about it.. corpse kept me .. company" he nervously chuckles.

"a-anyways. we can't stay here the whole time. we need to get resources. both sykkuno and i are completely out." i subtly change the subject.

toast nods. "i agree, same with us"

michael just stares at toast with disbelief. "bitch, you're the one eating all our food."

"because i was getting stressed- i was stress eating!" he stammers. rae face palms. "okay everyone, let's head out."

and we went out from the back of this dimmed place.

——————————

words : 1078

wholesome corpse has my heart, sykkuno being adorable has my heart, their bonds have my heart. x

where do you want to go first, once covid has died down? x i wanna go visit my friend in qld !

anyway, stay hydrated babes xo