𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐩

——————————

s͟͟͟͞͞͞y͟͟͟͞͞͞k͟͟͟͞͞͞k͟͟͟͞͞͞u͟͟͟͞͞͞n͟͟͟͞͞͞o͟͟͟͞͞͞

-10°, snowing and i'm craving coffee. what a great morning to start at a coffee shop?

conveniently, the coffee shop was a street down where i lived. two years when i made a decision to make here and found out there was a coffee shop near me, my coffee addiction arose.

at the moment i'm just walking to the establishment, wearing my big, beige, fluffy coat.

as well as my cute beanie i received by one of my online friends; lily.

lily was an amazing human being just for sending me something for my birthday but the thing is, i rarely celebrate it since.. i don't find it important.

i finally reached the destination in less than two minutes and as i walk in with my fists in my pocket, the bell above the door rings.

which indicates me entering. the register seems ready to take my order that, we even exchange smiles.

"hello! welcome to coffee star, what can i get for you?" i smile, looking at the menu closely.

she just stands there so patiently i just want to give her a tip but unfortunately as for now, i do not have any change on me.

"hey uh.. could i get just get a black coffee?" she nods, "and whats your name?" i'm so very confused by her statement, i took me back. "uh.. sykkuno" she nods, writing on a cup before going to make a coffee.

that was.. odd- oh wait. she would need my name for the cup.. that makes sense.

as i'm here waiting, i just decided to go take a seat, might as well y'know?

suddenly the door bell rings again while i'm just on my phone, texting people, social media, stuff and stuff.

"hey uh can i just get the regular?" she looks at him as i do so too. the man stood possibly 6ft.

the women smiles at him as he makes his way to a seat behind me. anyway, i focus back onto my phone.

out of the blue, the man from before comes and takes a seat in front of me between a table. "hey uh.. i just wanted to say you're adorable"

my eyes widen, feeling my cheeks heat up, despite the coldness from outside. "uh.. t-thank- thank you?" i start to move my eyes around, not giving eye contact.

this is really weird. i don't even know him??

"hey uh i'm sorry if i startled you" he rubs the back of his neck. "oh! no no- it's okay, it's just you came out of nowhere" i chuckle nervously.

"ah- my names corpse! what about you?" i nod awkwardly. "auhm my names sykkuno" a smile appears on my lips. "cute name-"

corpse then gets interrupted. "here" with a smile, the lady holds onto my drink and places on the table. "thank you" and she walks away.

"anyway uhm thanks corpse, you have a really cool name too!" he giggles. it was now awkward as it had fallen silent. "what'd you get??" he question.

"oh i just got the basic black coffee" he nods. "nice nice." "you been here before?" i question.

he hums, resting his chin on his fist thats rested on the table. "i usually don't see anyone here. you new around here?" i nod.. kinda.

"well.. kinda, been here in canada for two years now just didn't have the time to come and try this place out" corpse nods.

the lady comes back again and brings something for corpse which he ordered i presume. "thanks linda" he smiles. "no worries"

"okay.." he looks around nervously. "uh.. are you busy today or anything?" i shake my head. "i'm free as a bird"

corpse then nods, holding tightly on his cup. "do you wanna come over?- gah, sorry that was way too cree-" "sure, why not" i cut him off.

he clears his throat before smiling. "okay well, let's get going then" we both get up and head out the door.

as we start to walk down the pathway, it begins to start snowing a little. "so.. corpse, where do you live?" realisation then hits me. "not to sound creepy or anything"

a giggle then comes out from his mouth. "i just live a street down from here" my eyes widen. "wait really??" he hums.

"same! just the house with the grey roof and black painted outlines" he gasps dramatically.

"hold the fuck up. i live right next to you then"

my eyes widen. "i haven't seen you at all!" "me neither!" he adds. "well.. to be far i've mostly spend my time indoors so.." i chuckle.

finally, we reached our destination; his place, aka my neighbour. "okay well, we can just chill in my room if you want" i nod. "sure i don't mind"

£

after a few hours i've been here, we've been having a great time since forever. "well.. it's getting late.." he says, yawning.

"yeah.. i mean i'm right next door, i don't mind staying over and keeping you company"

corpse nods excitedly. "you would??" "yeah" i giggle. "hell yeah dude, let's have a sleepover— wait i sound like a stereotypical high school girl"

"it's okay, we could have a sleepover" a smile creeps onto my lips. "movie?" he questions. "movie"

£

currently it's about 2:30am and all we've been doing is watching harry potter as a yawn comes from me. "naw.. you're tired, you can just sleep bub- sykkuno" i nod, not realising what he said.

"yeah maybe i should.. you gonna be alright though?" i nods. "i'm getting real tired too, don't know how i'm still living this long" he chuckles.

i start giggling, getting under the covers beside him. "good night corpse" my eyes close. "good night sykkuno"

i'm this close to falling asleep as i feel lips collide with my forehead and automatically, i smile to that.

"night sykkuno" corpse's deep voice was heard once again. he tucks himself in before not moving.

out of bloody nowhere, i just decided to snuggle into him since i've been feeling extremely chilly.

"huh-" was all he said before cuddling into me. another smile appears on my lips before i snuggle into his chest even more.

"you're warm, corpse." i groggily say. he chuckles before playing with my hair. "and you're cute, sykkuno."

as the night went by, we've just been cuddling into each other for comfort and not gonna lie, i really liked it. i miss brendan but .. not entirely.

he's a dickhead.

———————————

words : 1081

i can't. i'm sorry but i can't. this is too wholesome

oh and so sorry for not posting for the last few days, i'm currently having writers block and it's terribly bad.