.09

Evelyn.

"Hailey! That is too much information," I covered my ears. She cackled, tossing her head back and accidentally hitting the kitchen cabinet behind her.

While she groaned with the pain, Kate stifled his laugh, "I think it was amazing."

I reached over to him, slapping his shoulder. Clearly, it was a lot more force than he expected as he cringed immediately and rubbed the sore spot.

"You didn't have to hit me that hard!"

Sipping on the sparkling water in an overly fancy glass- ones that Hailey only has to feel like an adult- I shrugged.

"Hey! My sex life is never too much," Hailey defended herself as I resisted the urge to gag.

"Right," I rolled my eyes.

She shoved me lightly, "You're just mad because your sex life is non-existent."

I feigned pain in my heart, dramatically falling back and closing my eyes, "Oh no! What ever will I do without sex?"

Just then, a voice echoed behind me, "Probably die?"

Luke.

Yup. Dying right now would be a very good choice for me.

Hailey and Kate burst out in laughter as I did not move, my back still to Luke. Ashton came into my view, walking up to hug his girlfriend.

I froze, blood rushing to my feet as I felt a light touch on my back. My head jerked around, turning to make eye contact with Luke. His large frame towered over me, his lip snared in a smile.

It was clear that he and Ashton came directly from work today- though it wasn't supposed to be a workday and they were probably just working late hours.

His usual tie that hung around his neck was gone, probably discarded in his car or pocket. Though I resisted it, I couldn't help but glance down at his chest. His white shirt was unbuttoned, the first few undone to give a more casual look.

Look. Away. From the man's chest Evelyn.

A silver cross hung on his neck as he leaned down to me, his hand leaving goosebumps as it traveled up my back and then off me completely.

He murmured, only so I could hear, "Sex is more necessary than we think, isn't it?"

"Oh, n-no I was just," I swallowed, trying to keep my composure, "J-joking."

I cursed myself at the stuttering, not able to hold myself strong. I worked long and fucking hard to keep my reputation as not to be toyed with.

And some stupid boy comes along and touches my back- suddenly I'm a blubbering mess.

God, I need to get laid.

"Earth to Eve?" Kate waved his hand in my face, snapping me out of the trance I was in. Luke had now moved away from me, smiling as he stood next to Ashton and Hailey.

But his eyes were not on them.

His blue eyes pierced my brown ones, a small smile soft on his face as he watched me struggle to move.

"Yeah," I ripped myself from his gaze to look at Kate, "I'm here."

He gave me a skeptical look, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion, "Oookay? Anyways. Dinner. Let's go y'all."

Ugh. Right.

Dinner.

"Well," Ashton pushed off the counter and made his way to the door, "Luke and I both brought cars. I want my girlfriend with me-"