.13

Evelyn.

"I've got eyes," I sipped on the warm tea, hiding my words in the china cup. My soft clothes were loose, casual enough to fit in the scene around me.

I managed to deduce from our last few crime scenes what was going on. The man from the crime scene that was murdered specialized in selling nuclear weapons.

Nuclear weapons that the FBI lost track of and was now in the energy black market.

Fucking lovely.

Luke's incredible brain somehow managed to figure out that the weapon trade would be here. In this little village, where a black market grew rampant.

I have to give it to him, he was pretty good.

Better even, a genius.

I looked around. It seemed right out 3rd world Europe, the sky yellow. Clothes on hangers and little shops like a flea market surrounded us. There was a lot of bargaining to be heard.

I was undercover, pretending to be a customer while Luke observed from a different cafe. He was also wearing casual clothes.

I placed my cup down, turning my head subtly to look around.

"Do we have eyes on any suspicious activity?" I asked.

In my earpiece, I heard Luke's response, "None so far."

Just then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw movement. In a store across from me, a man in full black was talking with another, their shifty eyes observing around.

One turned, beginning to walk out of the open store and down the open walkway quickly. Suspicious didn't even begin to describe it.

I stood up slowly, reaching into my pocket and placing money on the table. Quietly, I spoke for the earpiece to hear, "You see that?"

"Yes I do, get ready to move."

Fixing my clothes, I began to walk out of the cafe and walk behind the man. I kept aware, scanning constantly the scene.

"Agent Fitzgerald," He huffed into my earpiece, "Be careful."

I ignored him, placing my hand over a gun that was concealed by my clothes. It was covered well, but easy to grab.

"Agent," He pressed, "They are armed. Do not engage."

Fuck that.

We needed to get them before they got to the weapons.

The man picked up his pace, turning a corner. I sped up, turning the corner as well. He was much further now, at a faster pace than before.

My slow jog picked up pace to a run as he began sprinting. It was clear he knew that he was being followed now; there was no point in trying to remain hidden.

The man turned while running, throwing a table from one of the restaurants in the way. A clatter of plates invaded my hearing as I jumped over it easily. People surrounding screamed, huddling over each other and attempting to get out of the way.

He pushed an old lady towards me. I jumped to catch her, making sure she was on her feet before continuing. She nearly passed out with fear as I steadied her.

When I turned around a clothing store, I lost view of him.

Damn it. I lost him.

In the corner of my eye, I saw a van. A white, sleek modern van that did not match the whole look of the village. Piquing my interest, I took a closer look.

With my gun now pulled out and raised, I moved towards it quickly and carefully.

I gripped the handle of the back of the van, yanking it open. I was met by four men, all in black with guns pointed.