.56

this chapter was slightly inspired by brooklyn 99, see if you can spot the similarities! i've been working on this chapter for a while— the big moment!! hope you enjoy :)

Evelyn.

After collecting ourselves and letting the severity of what was happening hit us, we decided it was time to plan. There had to be same way we could figure this out, to protect the poor innocents that were going to be hurt in the chaos of everything. To come up with what we needed to do to take down the FBI, from within.

And we had a ticking clock.

There was only a certain amount of time that would pass before they would release those people back into civilization, triggering their chips to activate and attack millions of innocents.

Or better yet, international war.

We were joined by Ashton, Calum, and — against what I wanted, what I really wanted— Niall. Despite not liking him, I knew it was necessary for us to be united.

It was strange to see Calum the way he was, not in uniform but in a casual hoodie and sweatpants. And it was even more strange to see Niall on the same side as me, not trying to physically overpower me or attack me.

Not that he wasn't still trying to annoy me to death. Because he was definitely still annoying me, out of my mind.

"We need to separate our forces, split up in a way so that we can cover all our bases," Luke began to speak, unravelling a blueprint of the FBI building.

I grabbed a sharpie and began to circle areas of importance, "Harry's office is here, Michael's is here." The men crowded around the table as Ashton adjusted a light over our heads to properly illuminate the ink in front of us.

Calum focused intensely over the prints and tried to put together what we should and where we should split our forces. "There's a fire escape directly leading to where we assume Michael will be. But Harry's office doesn't have that kind of way in."

I bit the knuckle of my pointer finger, trying to scan over what could be done about Harry. There needed to be a way outside of the direct path, some sort of other in.

An idea struck me, "The vents."

They took in my words, analyzing what I was referencing. It seemed like a solid idea, though there were a few things to work out there.

Luke spoke up, turning to face me, "How would we get you in?"

I stepped away from the blueprint, beginning to walk around as I tried to organize my next thoughts and what else should be done, "What if I hid my way in somehow, a cart, a box?"

Niall smiled a wicked grin before pointing at Calum, "You take her in, in a mail carrying cart."

I looked over at him, the idea ingenious. Calum was still neutral in the eyes of those working under Harry. How would anyone suspect him in that way?

I had to give it to him, Niall wasn't just a violent man. He was also absolutely brilliant.

"Okay so Calum is the least suspicious of us all, they don't even know he's part of this. He takes the mail to Harry's floor, Evelyn slip into the vents down to Harry's office complex. Jump out and boom. Harry's dead, we win," Ashton speaks, sitting down in his chair and sipping on his coffee.

"I'll head down to the Pentagon with the other forces to secure the perimeter; I'll ensure that it doesn't get hectic and that the people don't get their chips activated," Niall spoke, standing up with his hands at his hips and ready to move.

"Ashton," I turned to the man, "I'll need you to take down any agents that may come up on the floor Luke and I will be on; nobody can get between us and them."