.19

Evelyn.

People say that jealousy is a green-eyed monster.

Sometimes, it can be blue.

Blue-eyed.

It all started when we were at Hailey's shop. It was a weekend that we all happened to have off. That led us all to migrate to her coffee place, of course.

We have no life otherwise.

I invited Michael, someone that was generally good friends with everyone. Except Luke, of course. They never bothered to make comfortable with each other. It didn't get any easier after he caught Michael in my room, while I was half-dressed.

I digress.

Michael invited us all over to his place, which, to be fair, was a literal door away from mine. Everyone agreed, deciding that it would be better to hang out there than to stay in the coffee shop.

Which leads us here.

Arguing over baseball.

"Look," Ashton laughed wrapping his arm around Hailey who was sitting in his lap, "I'm just saying. The Giants are far better than The Dodgers."

I laughed, leaning into Michael slightly. He was livid, speaking with his face reddening, "Impossible! Have you seen the 1999 game!"

I shoved Michael over slightly, "That only happened once that year! And it was because of the manager!"

Michael chuckled, wrapping his hand around my back and pulling me into him. He quickly wrapped his arm around my neck, tightening his grip into a headlock.

With a little chuckle, he smirked. "Get out of this one, Eve."

He has no idea who I am.

With a quick shift, I yanked his arm, removing myself from his grip and twisting his arm around his back. He choked on a cry as I quickly stood over his sitting position, pushing his hand behind his back.

Kind of like say uncle, but I won't let go.

I leaned down over his ear, murmuring into it with satisfaction, "I win."

"Okay okay!" Michael screamed, "Let go of my arm!"

I laughed, letting go of the man and sitting back next to him. He returned his arm around me, a softer grasp now.

"Damn!" Hailey exclaimed, "You are strong!"

I continued laughing, looking around at my friends.

Then, Luke caught my eye.

His hard gaze was boring right through me. Luke's jaw clenched tightly, his back rested far on the seat he was in with his legs spread apart dominatingly.

I looked around hesitantly, nobody else noticing the stare of the man in front of me.

He bit down on his knuckle, watching me as he tapped his foot aggressively, his knees separated even more than before as he adjusted his hips. It seemed like he wanted to strangle one of us, probably Michael with the look in his eyes.

Like I said, sometimes it's a blue-eyed monster.

I parted my lips, watching Luke remove his knuckle from between his teeth, and ran it up and down his own thigh. Carefully, I wet my lips with my tongue, as I watched the movement.

How desperately I wanted to have his hands on me.

Michael's hand touched my knee, just for a moment. It was a simple, light touch.