.41

Evelyn.

Luke loved the snow more than anything. That was something I learned about him recently.

The fresh powder twirling in the air was like living in a large snow globe to him, constantly being shook up to make the snow whip around the streets of New York.

The pristine blanket of white cast everything around them in a bright glow, light grey sky the true indication of what's to come.

Snow days made Luke want to be alone with me much more than usual, hidden away from the rest of the world.

With nowhere to go and no one to see, Luke would normally waste the day away watching reruns on tv and eating an obnoxious amount of snacks.

He's always loved a good snowy day.

But something I realized in my time with Luke is that he liked snow days with me even more. He'd been staying at my apartment more and more lately, for the sake of the view and for the anticipation of watching snow fall down in the early morning.

By the time he woke up for the second time today (time one being early in the morning like a child on Christmas), there were already two or three inches of thick snow coating the ground.

"Might as well stay inside," Luke reasoned, smirking slightly as he kissed the edge of my throat before getting out of bed just a bit ago.

I couldn't deny Luke of that, couldn't deny Luke of anything really , so I followed him out of the warmth.

We clumsily made our way down to the kitchen, tripping over random items in a sleep filled haze.

I trailed behind him. There weren't many things I'd give up sleep for. But in my mind, Luke was the only peace I even knew.

"We should get a dog," Luke hummed, shifting over to the coffee machine and pressing it on. His shirtless back came into my view. I bit my lip and watched the muscles tense with his little movements.

"What do you think?"

I was snapped out of my stare, Luke leaned over the counter and smirked at me even moreso. His hand with the warm coffee heated me up.

"Uh," I ran a finger over my bottom lip, "Who would take care of the dog?"

Luke shrugged, "We could. Leave him with our friends whenever they are home and make some schedule. My mom doesn't live too far from here."

"Your mom?" My ears perked up.

Him and I both knew very well the state of my parents.

Dead dad, mom far away and not in contact with me anymore.

"Yeah," Luke walked over to my side, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into his chest and kissing my head, "You should meet her."

But we've never talked about his parents. Never discussed his mom, his dad. His siblings?

"I don't know, I'm not parent meeting material."

He chuckled, low in his chest and feeling it, "You are darling."

"Am I? I don't even talk to my own mom."

Luke smiled, running a hand through my hair and pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"You just tell my mom you don't have a dad, she won't care what you say after that."

I groaned, resting my head on the cool marble counter. He chuckled loudly at my action, though I did plan to do what he said exactly.