.51

Evelyn.

The psychology behind tricking people can be so interesting.

Learning to analyze their body language to the point where you know them better than themselves.

That is something I trained for.

And it becomes extremely useful right now.

Cloaking the reality of those you're attempting to manipulate with a reality that you've weaved.

Go matrix on their mind.

My favorite way to put it.

And finally, rely on people's psychological needs and use them as a pressure point.

It is clear now in this moment that getting out of here was my only option to sanity. I would go back to New York and return under Harry.

I just don't believe Luke.

Or anything.

Maybe I do, but I need to see it for myself. The urge to get out of these four walls, to stop being confined by my own head, my own thoughts.

I'm trapped.

And I need to get out before I lose myself.

I came up with a plan, a way to manipulate Luke into letting me leave.

When I heard the door unlock, I pinched my cheeks to add color.

Smile.

Smile.

I let a smile across my face, fake as Luke entered the room.

"Hey," I smiled, stepping up to him. In his hand were grocery bags, full of things probably for me.

"Hi," He pushed the door open more with his shoulder, leaving it open for him to properly enter the room.

"Is that for me?" I pointed towards the bags. 

Luke looked over me slightly confused, unsure of my willingness to talk to him.

"Yeah I got you some sodas, food, things you like," He placed them down next to the fridge.

I stepped closer to him, my hands intertwined behind my back. I feigned a soft look in my eyes, tilting my head back to meet his.

"You always take such good care of me," I hummed, standing right in front of him and peering up to his eyes.

Confusion was written all over his face. Anticipation and unsureness.

I moved up to him, Luke backing up until his back hit the wall. He tentatively kept his hands slightly in the air, at my shoulder level but not touching me.

Like he didn't know what to do with them.

"Are you alright, Eve?" He looked over me. His eyes were wide, dazed with the light blue being the only thing I could see.