.25

i've decided to update early today! i'm hoping on double updating, but we'll see :)

Evelyn.

People like to party. 

It's an easy way to forget the life you had, the life you're living, and the life you wish you had.

I don't like to party.

I face my problems head-on.

"Eve for God's sake just pick a dress," Ashton grumbled from my living room. I rolled my eyes, though he couldn't see me from my bedroom.

"Don't call me Eve!" I retorted, turning back to my closet and sitting through them lazily.

Friday came around soon, and we had to go to that club for our lead. From that woman.

I gritted my teeth in memory of her flirting with Luke. Though we were not necessarily official, it does brush the ego to have to step out of an interrogation room because the suspect wants to flirt.

Regardless, here we are- with a lead. And she got her damn immunity.

The two boys had their outfits quickly sorted, basically being second nature for them to dress like they were going to get blackout drunk. Both donned some arraignment of black clothing, buttons undone and hair messy.

Second nature.

Not so much for me.

I heard another voice, audibly Luke's, "Darling you will look beautiful in anything."

Resisting a blush, my hands fumbled until I decided to just reach in and grab anything.

My hands landed on a short black dress, tight enough to pass as a clubbing dress but loose enough for me to move around in and chasing people.

Which, if tonight goes well, I'll be doing a lot of.

I examined myself in the mirror- the dress fit the part, but my bare face would need some work if I truly wanted to fit.

Though I pretended otherwise, I was excited to dress up and put makeup on.

I swiped eyeliner across the eyes, adding more black to my waterline in a way that made my brown eyes pop more than usual.

Well I clean up nicely.

I grabbed a gun sheath, slipping it around my upper thigh and securing the straps tight on my leg.

I smiled to myself, the dress concealing completely the weapon.

If there was anything for me to be excited about- this would most certainly be it.

Finally, I stepped out into the living room, smoothing my hands down the front of the black dress.

Luke and Ashton both sat on the couch, their completely black outfits framing the two of them in their dark, mysterious fashion.

All of a sudden, the dress felt too short for me.

Luke's eyes caught mine, eyebrows raising as they trailed down my body, observing the tight material wrapped around my hips and stopping mid-thigh.

Ashton whistled at me playfully, "Give it a turn Eve."

I crossed my arms over my chest, warning, "Ashton-"

"Oh come on," Ashton stretched his hands out, "Let's see the whole dress."

I grumbled, turning meekly so that the back of the dress showed. It was a low back, exposed in front of them.