.47

Evelyn.

"Eve you have to wear your vest."

I groaned, grabbing it off the rack and hurriedly placing it over my long-sleeved black shirt.

"You and your obsession with my vest."

He stepped in front of me, surprising me as I fell back against the wall. Luke hummed, fixing the velcro at the front of my chest.

"Stay still darling," He leaned down to press a fluttering kiss to my neck.

"You can't kiss me and make me go your way," I breathlessly responded, my head falling back on the wall nevertheless.

"What's this then?" Luke took a teasing bite from my earlobe, my chest pushing off to meet his.

"Fine," I sighed, "You win."

He smiled, pulling away and tapping the front of the vest to ensure it was on tightly.

Luke slipped his on as well, tightening the velcro at the front and grabbing a gun.

"Let's get this fucker," I called out, shifting on boots.

A knock on the door signaled that Ashton was done and ready from his room. I took a deep breath in, tying my hair up into a ponytail and shaking it to ensure it was tight.

Wasn't gonna let my hair fall out in the middle of it all.

I grabbed my gun slipping it into my holster before pulling out my phone and swiping to the location of the club.

YCKITA.

Marching out of the hotel room, Luke and Ashton followed behind me. My legs carried me down in firm steps as we stepped down to the elevator.

"I'd better drive," Luke took the keys of the rented car from my grasp, the FBI vehicle handed to us as soon as we reached DC.

I nodded without any fight, letting him take over.

He was right. I was not in the mental state to drive. Then again, I wasn't really in the mental state to do anything.

When we stepped outside, I noticed immediately the rain. The pounding of the water surrounded us, adding to the dreary mood.

"I'll sit in the back," I offered, sliding into the back and shutting the door. The sound was drowned out, and I was alone.

And then Luke began to drive, the silence between us all.

Without awareness of the road or the rain, the car moved over the highway, lights on full beam.

I watched how the yellowed yet bright light played in the droplets, showing this deluge, this flood from the sky, in apparently solitary drops.

Maybe we should be calling for backup, but I am too proud for that.

The night sky was gloomy, darkened with the clouds.

Not just literal clouds.

My heart was heavy under the vest.

We reached the club with the neon signs displayed "YCKITA". The yellow made my eyes narrow slightly.

Luke parked, but none of us moved.