Chapter 23: Birthday Gone Wrong

-Melissa's POV-

"Melissa, are you done? Our classmates are all waiting in the bus!" James shouted along the corridor. I quickly put my very last clothes into my luggage and zipped it up. I dragged the heavy bags out of the hotel room. I put the luggage aside and closed the door.

James came by my side and used his strength to carry my luggage. He tossed them at the bus bonnet and went to take the bus. I followed him behind, getting ready the passport and important needs for later.

My friends being friendly enough to reserve both of us seats at the very back of the bus, which is good. I sat beside Olivia near the window. After the steamy night, James and I started to feel a little awkward. Every time, he will be the first one to start the conversation between me and him. I would either nod or shake my head. Also, just shrugged.

Five minutes later, after my form teacher did the head-count, the bus started to drive off from the beautiful beach. I sighed. I'm really gonna missed Los Angeles. Even though it's one week, I'm still not satisfied. I wished I could stay here, instead in New York where more problems started to form.

The bus ride was pretty quiet except for both Lucas and James, being childish and also talked about the football match that is gonna be held a week before our prom night. What I heard from the school is that it's either James or Lucas that's gonna be the team captain. That's why, right now, they are kinda competing with each other while also helping. Heh, weird.

The bus driver helped us to unload our luggage. My form teacher thanked him and asked us to gather, for the very last briefing.

"All here? Good. Before we go back home, please check whether you have all your belongings with you." He warned us. I checked at my bag whether I have all the important things. Yup, it's there. I turned my attention back to my teacher.

"All good? Alright, let's go inside." He rushed us. We had actually almost late for the flight but due to the bus driver, driving really fast, we reached on time. We all gathered our luggage and then leave our form teacher to handle the bags. We quickly queued up in front of the boarding gate, unfortunately, I just realized I'm the first one to queue up. But James is behind me so at least I have some company.

"What do you wanna do when you get home?" James whispered in my ear, which startled me a little bit. I turned around and met his grayish eyes.

"I don't really know. Meeting Chris? But I'm kinda not ready..." I trailed off. It took me sometime to think for the correct reason to it. James looked at me with an assuring smile. He placed his hands on my shoulder. He took a deep breath and replied me.

"Everything is going to be fine. He may be with Natalie for the past few days but that doesn't mean he wanna be together with her." He adviced. I stared at him for awhile. Well, he's right. I gave a smile to show that I'm feeling better. But of course, I'm still not sure of my emotions.

I showed my passport to the immigration officer. He looked through my passport to see whether my particulars are the same. After done checking, he gave me a smile and told me to have a safe flight. I smiled back and thanked him. I walked past the custom and up to the airplane.

Since it's a two-seater, I had to sit with James while Olivia had to sit with Lucas. This is so gonna be a long flight home as both of them always fight. My intention is to just sleep all the way as right now it's 5 o'clock... In the morning! This actually reminds me about the time when I stayed at James' apartment. Hah, good times.

We all settled down, and also started doing our own things. I tried to sleep but James keep on trying his best to wake me up so that he won't feel lonely. I just groaned and ignored him until the airplane started to take off.