Chapter 15: Back to Normal?

-Melissa's POV-

My alarm clock noisily blasted the room. I growled and buried my face at my pillow while my hand struggling to stop the loud alarm clock. Once my hand found my alarm clock, I quickly threw it to the wall, leaving it scatter in million pieces on the floor. My eyes slowly opened and stared at the ceiling for a few seconds before turning to see whether Chris is still beside me.

Nope. He is not there.

I groaned again, feeling lazy to sit up. I managed to sit up and started to fix my messy bed hair, turning it into a ponytail. I looked myself at the wall mirror. I was wearing an oversized t-shirt and nothing else. Just that shirt. My injured wrist also already being fixed and nicely bandaged. I guessed Chris did this before going downstairs and do his routine. I rubbed my eyes and stood up, opening the door to go downstairs and search for Chris.

I decided to go to his home office first since he's always there. And I was right. He is there. But instead of working, he is sleeping. How long has he been up? I sighed and looked at the sleeping figure of Chris. There's a cute frown plastered on his face. He is also snoring softly. He must be really tired after working so hard for his huge project that he supposed to go. But because of my stupid carelessness, he came back and postponed everything. His right hand still holding onto his iPhone.

I sighed and slowly shook his shoulders to wake him up. He groaned and went back to sleep. I then started to call his name while shaking his shoulder more vigorously this time.

"Chris, wake up!" I demanded. His eyes didn't fully opened. He looked at me with Asian eyes. I quietly laughed at his lullaby expression.

"Sleep upstairs. You can continue working later." I advised him. He just stood up and dragged his feet to our bedroom. It's such a torture to see him dragging himself on limply. But I couldn't do anything. He's working hard so that it's enough for the both of us, or should I say... Three of us, to live.

When he disappeared, I neatly arranged his office table. I gathered his document papers and put it at the side. But then, something stopped me cleaning up. A photo frame that has a picture of us inside. Our wedding photo of us right after we did our vows - the kiss under rain. I shamelessly smiled to myself. I will never forget that wonderful moment. The photo frame is pretty cute though. It was decorated with bunch of hearts all around it.

I physically shook my head, wiping my daydreaming away. I quickly cleaned up Chris' home office and went out, to the kitchen. I could already feel my stomach twisting and turning in agony. I quickly went to the cabinet, hoping there's cereal. Luckily there is. I poured some on my serving bowl and went to the fridge to get some milk. I grabbed a carton and poured it onto my bowl.

Suddenly, my phone that I put on the bar counter rang. I sighed. Why does everyone always distract me when I was about to take the first bite? Doesn't want the caller to wait, I quickly grabbed my phone and answered it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello." I answered.

"Oh my god, Melissa. You really have to come to school today." Olivia excitedly told the reason why she call me without saying, at least a 'hi'.

"My morning is good. What about yours?" I sarcastically replied her.

"Mel, I'm serious! Come to school as the fat ass is going to tell the school upcoming activities for the seniors. Which is us!" She blurted out, leaving my right ear deaf temporarily. The fat ass is actually a nickname that both of us created to refer to the school principal. Why? Because he keep on giving us detention even though it's not our fault.

"Alright, alright. I'll come to school. See you later, bitch." I quickly hung up before she scolded me for calling her a bitch. I put my phone on the dining table and gobbled up my breakfast. I don't know why today I'm so famished. Probably because of yesterday as I barely eat anything.