Chapter 30: Welcome Home

-Melissa's POV-

"Oh my gosh! That movie is awesome! All the actions, the romance... God, the storyline is just perfect!" I exclaimed, feeling myself leaping in happiness after watched that movie. It's our first time watching a movie together and it's already a success.

"Yeah, it's pretty good." Chris agrees, still sipping his soda that is still half-filled. I heaved a sigh of relief as in the first place, I didn't expect him to talk to me or meet me to bond together. This makes me happy, maybe happy is not the right word. Ecstatic is the word that suits me now.

I don't want this to end but I have no choice as it's already eleven o'clock in the evening and I have to go home due to me, having school tomorrow.

"Well, I guessed I have to go home now." I speak out, making Chris turned behind to see me. His reaction doesn't look amusing though. His eyebrows furrowed and I could see his hands turned into fists.

"Stay with me for the night." He suggested. His voice come out hoarse and deep. Because of his voice, my lips automatically shut by its own self.

"Why should I?" I crossed my arms and waited for a reasonable answer.

"Well, I kinda purposely drove to this cinema which is nearer to the penthouse and also, quite far from James' apartment." He shrugged. I just stood there, rooted to the ground, thinking which is the better choice - stay with him or I'm being stubborn bitch and asked him to give me a long ride to James' apartment.

"Fine, I stay at your place for only one night. Just one night." I warned him. He just grinned at me and started guiding me to his car. Which we have to walk though and I don't know why. This is weird.

"Where did you put your car?" I asked him, following him from behind. He just looked forward as if he doesn't want to see my face.

"I parked at some outdoor parking lots since the cinema has none of it at the front. That's why we have to walk for maybe three minutes." He explained. I groaned and just follow him behind as I know arguing will make things worse. I hold onto my jacket tight as I'm really cold but Chris doesn't know as he is still looking in front.

Since we are walking along the dark pathway, we have to encounter homeless men and try to ignore them as they always cursed us due to the different living as they are poor while we are rich. But one of them really never give up and getting on my nerves. Still, I try to ignore and not make myself angry over just one guy saying bad things to me.

"Hey girl. You have any cash to spare for me?" The homeless guy asked me. I just shook my head and continued to pull my jacket tighter as tonight's air is really cold.

"Alright then, since you have no money... How about you follow me to the alley and have a private time. Or maybe a threesome with one of my great friends. Or the best, all my friends take turns to taste your greatness." Okay, seriously he just make feel so uncomfortable.

Blood inside me started to boil as the homeless guy still doesn't shut his mouth up. Before I could talk back, Chris already went head-on with him. He then gripped onto the guy's dirty t-shirt and bring his face closer to his. He glared at him with his dark eyes and gave him a warning.

"You better stay away from my girl or I will deal with you in a hard way." He softly warned him. He then let go of the homeless guy's shirt and pushed him away.

The guy makes a humorless laugh and looked straight through Chris' eyes. He moved closer and said something inappropriate in front Chris' face.

"Fuck you."

Of course, that makes Chris furious like a bull in a china shop. Without warning, his fist connected with that guy's cheek which makes blood flowing out his mouth. Chris gave him an uppercut, making the guys fall to the ground. Luckily Chris just stopped here. He bend down and talked to the homeless guy "calmly".