SAD ENDING + EPILOGUE

The first half is the same! So don't get shocked xD

-Chris' POV-

Everything is a chaos when we're in this delivery suite. The shouting. The heartbeat monitor. My re-fiancé screaming, begging for help. I just stood beside Melissa, watching the commotion. It's really suffering to see Melissa using her strength to push the twins out. I stood here, encouraging her that she did pretty well.

"One more push. On three - 1,2,3... Push!" The doctor commanded. Melissa didn't budge. She took her time to push.

"Come on, baby. You can do it. One more push and the first one is good to go." Her neck muscles can be seen as she goes for the last push. She screamed and landed her head on the pillow as soon she gave a good push.

"My god, it hurts so bad!" She squeezed my hand too hard but I don't really care. If she suffers, I myself suffers inside to see her this way. So far the heartbeat monitor is working well. I heaved a sigh of relief. I hope it still works that way.

Suddenly, I heard a cry. A baby cry. I looked at it. Automatically, I have a huge smile on my face. My healthy baby boy. The doctors did their work fast so that they can handle the next one. I swallowed my saliva and see how precious the little one is.

After a few minutes of staring the beauty, the commotion comes back. This time, Melissa screams much more louder. I guessed the baby girl is a stubborn one. Melissa looked at me with her watery eyes. There's dry tears on her cheeks due to the pain. I wiped it away and gave her kiss on her forehead, doesn't care about her sweats.

The doctors continued to demand her to push and she did. It was heart-rending to see her this way. I took strands of her hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear. She's, by far, the most strongest woman I've ever seen. She's not the kind of girl that couldn't handle the pain and wanted to go for C-section. She's the kind of person that would do anything for her babies than her life. Speaking of her life, the heartbeat monitor still shows that it's fine.

There it is. Another baby cry. I grinned from ear to ear. The doctors do their job while Melissa rested. I rested my forehead against hers. I then whispered, "thank you..."

There's no answer. The atmosphere is different. I looked at Melissa. She's having problem breathing. She looked at me with wide eyes. Her face turned pale as if she just saw a ghost. A tear started to roll down her cheeks. I wiped away and kissed her cheek. I then said, "I love you, baby."

She smiled and just stared at me. Didn't blink. Didn't answer back. Didn't breathe. The heartbeat monitor showed a straight line and a non-stopping sound. I shook Melissa. She didn't reply me again.

"No!" I shouted, shaking Melissa hoping she wakes up. No reaction.

"No, no! Wake up! Melissa, please..." I begged. The doctors tried to pull me away from her. Some doctors already start to examine her. The doctors put me out of the room and shut the door afterwards. I rested my head and bang the door with both of my hands. I shouted in despair.

"Chris..." My mom called out my name. I turned to face her. She had a confused look on her face. Tears started dripping off my eyes. I hugged both of my parents. They stroked my back, trying to calm me down but obviously, it never works.

"What's wrong, Christopher?" Will asked. I broke the embrace and decided to speak out but I couldn't. No words can be heard.

"I found this on your bed when I was about to send Melissa to the hospital." Will said, handing me a piece of paper with someone's handwriting written on the paper. I took it and took a seat before reading it.

I swallowed a gulp after I saw the familiar handwriting of Melissa's. I scanned through the letter and of course by the end of this letter, my cheeks will be full of dried tears.

Hi Chris. This is kinda my first time writing a letter to someone so I'm sorry if I suck. Well, if you're reading this stupid letter, this means that I didn't make it. Apparently, the 30% survival rate is true, huh. So when I'm no longer here with you, you better take a very good care to the twins. They need both a father and a mother. How about you move on... Find a mother for the twins. If they asked where am I, tell them the whole story and also, can you please tell them that I love them too, pleaseeeee? I guessed if I keep on writing, I might already smudged the paper. I love you, Christopher Cortes and I will always be by your side.

Love,
Melissa Evans. (Or Cortes? Idk anymore. xD)

I wiped my tears away and crushed the paper afterwards. I then threw it far away from where I am. Suddenly the door opened. I quickly stood up and faced the doctor. Please be a good news. Hope all that drama is a dream. But... No.

"We tried but she's in a better place now. Sorry, Mr. Cortes." I just stood there, rooted to the ground. My mother had her hands on her chest, trying to stabilise her breathing. I just nodded and the doctor went back to the room. Melissa is no longer here with me. I have no one. I need someone like her but it's really hard to find one. She's the only one that is prefect for me. The one and only Melissa Evans.

But she's gone... She left me, again and forever.

-----------------------EPILOGUE-----------------------

"Dad... Where's mommy?" Tyler, my baby boy, asked me. I just messed up his hair and continued my grocery shopping.

"Dad! Where's mommy?" Now, it's Elizabeth turn to ask where she is. And everytime they asked, I had to lie.

"She's away, schooling." I answered. But this time, the twins stopped me. Yeah, they are already thirteen and they grew up damn fast.

"You keep on saying that for the past few years. I have a feeling that you're hiding something from us!" My baby girl bellowed. She crossed her arms over her chest and pouted. This reminds me of Melissa so much. I sighed. I guessed I have to tell them eventually.

"After grocery shopping, I bring you guys somewhere to meet mommy, okay?" I said. The twins just nodded and waited for me to pay the cashier.

A few minutes of boring car ride, we finally reached Melissa's new home. The twins looked at me with a shocked face. I just shrugged and went out of the car. They started asked me questions but I continued walking towards Melissa's grave.

"Here it is. Mommy's grave." I showed them the grave. They walked around it and still have a disbelief look on their face.

"Mommy's dead?" Tyler asked. I swallowed a gulp and nodded. Suddenly, Elizabeth cried her heart out. I advanced towards her and gave her a good warm hug to calm her down. As for Tyler, he continued to ask me question.

"How?" An expected question.

"Right after she gave birth to you both. By the way, she asked me to pass a message to both of you." I replied. Elizabeth broke the embrace and looked at me with red eyes.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I love you. That's what she want me to pass the message to both of you." Elizabeth and Tyler ran towards me and gave me a hug. I hugged them back. I stared at Melissa's grave with her picture still new on display. Before I could tear up, I looked away and checked on the twins.

They broke the embrace. They looked at each other and then looked at me. I give them a weak smile and hold their hands. I know what are they going to do. We took a deep breath and said,

"I love you, mommy..."

--------------------------------------------------------------
Another ending; the sad one. So hope y'all like the book! This comes to an end! Another book going to showcase its talent after my exams. So maybe at the end of May, you can see a return from me. ;) vote and comment! Also, follow me! Stay tuned.

Love,
Nora

(UNEDITED)