Chapter 27: Secret Plan

-Melissa's POV-

My doctor, Dr. Sherman, is busy checking my blood pressure, cholesterol and many more. I just sat there and let her do her work. James is behind me all the time, listening to what the doctor had said to me.

After she's done checking, she returned to her computer table and started typing the prescriptions on her computer. She was too focused on the computer so I don't even bother to disturb. She then looked at me, with a saddened expression. Why does she have that expression? I cleared my throat and decided to ask her.

"Well?" I bit my lip. James just massaged my back, calming down. I feel tensed when my doctor suddenly have that expression. Obviously there's something bad that is gonna happen.

"Do you want to continue this pregnancy?" She asked. Come again? What does she say? Before my temper raised up, I just glared at her. I turned to the back to see James' reaction. He is shocked himself.

"Why do you ask that question?" I asked, feeling my blood started to rise up.

"Erm, because your husband... Chris Cortes-" she stopped after I cut her off.

"Ex-husband." I said, checking my nails. Dr Sherman started shifting herself, trying to make herself comfortable. She cleared her throat before continuing.

"Your ex-husband made a proposal on terminating this pregnancy a few days ago." I looked at her, shocked. How could he? Isn't it his own child? Oh my god. I massaged my temples, trying to calm down but obviously I couldn't.

"When was 'a few days ago'?" James suddenly speak up. His voice is cold and deep. I think that he just can't accept the fact that Chris did all this.

"Around last week's Thursday morning." She answered with her eyes, full of sincerity. I recalled back. It was the day after of divorce happened. God damn.

"No of fence, Miss Evans but I think you should." Dr Sherman suggest. Is she crazy? I glared at her. My hands started to ball up into fists. Then, without warning, I bellowed.

"Why would you say that! This baby is my child. You have no right to decide whether I should or should not do it."

James slowly bring me down to the chair. I didn't even realized that I'm standing really close to Dr Sherman, pointing fingers at her. He asked me to calm down by taking a deep breath and let it all out. He sighed and turned his attention to the doctor.

"Why, doc? Is she sick?" James asked nicely to the panicked doctor. Poor Dr Sherman that I scared her. She swallowed a gulp and begin to stutter.

"Me-Melissa is.. Is.. She, oh my god. I can't talk." Dr Sherman took a deep breath and try not to stagger again. I kinda feel bad because it's my fault that she begins to stagger and not becoming a professional doctor she used to.

"Melissa is having some sickness. Right after her first miscarriage, her inner body near her womb started to damage slowly. If she didn't terminate this pregnancy and never undergo surgery, she may or may not make it." Dr Sherman explained. A tear started rolling down my cheek. I have to choose either it's my life or the baby's life. Both of the decisions are very risky. But I love this child so much.

I looked down and think about it for a few seconds. I rested my head on top of my hands and I combed my hair back. After finalizing my decision, I looked at both James and Dr Sherman. I sighed and answered, "no. I'm not gonna terminate this pregnancy."

*James' POV*

"So, are you gonna talk to me or what?" Melissa keep on asking me questions but I ignored every single question. I just can't believe she choose the baby's life over hers. I know that the poor child is much more important but it's his blood. Chris' blood. I even saw her signed the acknowledgement form, stating that she's gonna continue the pregnancy. Right now, I'm just gonna shut up and think this through.