Chapter 26: Separated

-Melissa's POV-

It's been two months since I last saw him. But, a few days ago, I get to see him again. For the very very last time, this time for real. Why? Well, we just finalized our divorce documents and now, I'm officially single but the weird thing is that I'm also pregnant... With his child. So it's hard to not think about him. I know that both of us still love each other but because of one stupid mistake, this shit happens. I don't really know what I'm gonna do for this seven months. All I can do is take care of my own self and focus on my upcoming examinations.

Talking about studies, right now I'm in a local library, studying with the usual people - James, Olivia and Oliver. The twins still doesn't know that I'm re-pregnant and the divorce. I still wanted to keep it as a secret as I don't want to feel worried over me and ended up failing their examinations. So throughout the whole study date, I've been quiet to prevent myself spluttering out the secrets without me noticing it. I just prayed that they will not ask me about him but just about studies. But, I was wrong.

"Lissa, you've been so quiet. What's up with ya?" Oliver started questioning me while doing some research on his MacBook about 'Fair Trade Cocoa'. I quickly think of an answer and then answered him as soon as possible to prevent suspicion.

"Well, it's a library and I don't have any problems with my homework." I answered him, tapping my pen on the wooden table. I started to have cold sweat and I don't know why. I guess that I'm just too scared that they might ask me about him. And I was right. Olivia started asking me about him.

"So, since you are quiet, let's make a convo. How's Chris?" She bubbly said it. I swallowed a gulp. I just kept quiet and I ignored them. James, whom is sitting beside me, knew that I'm having a hard time coping over the recent problems. So he decided to do the talking.

"Melissa is not in a good shape right now. She uhh.." He trailed off, finding a suitable word to continue.

"She...?" Oliver gave him a concern look. Olivia also looked at him with her right eyebrow raised. He sighed and just explain the situation short and simple.

"Chris and her just got divorce. What makes her more sad is that she's carrying his child... Again." The news eventually shocked them both. As expected. I rested my head on the table, trying to get off the past when she divorced with Chris a few days ago. I closed her eyes and a few seconds later, she dozed off.

•FLASHBACK•

"Do you still want to continue this segment?" The judge asked my soon-no-longer-husband. I looked down, tears still flowing. I just couldn't control it. I just have to let it go. I waited for his answer to the judge. I keep on hoping that he said the two-letter word, NO. But I was wrong... After the damn long tension, he had made his decision. He choose the three-letter word instead of the two-letter word. Because of that, I started to cry more. James, Chris' parents and of course, the paparazzi are here to witness the separation of us, both. I don't know whether I can cry anymore. I feel that I don't have anymore tears to use for crying. All are already dried on my cheeks. I sighed. Now, it's my turn to give my decision to this.

"Yes." I quickly gave the judge the answer. I couldn't take it anymore. I felt as if the whole world have collapsed upon me. After saying that, I waited for the judge to say his final statement to clarify that both of us are officially divorced. Of course, I ran out of the court and cried my heart out even though no tears come out.

Suddenly, someone hold onto my shoulder. Knowing it's James, I hold onto it. I turned around and to my surprise, it's not James. It's him - Chris Cortes. I break the connection between us both but he grabbed my wrist, pulling me closer to him. I missed this. It's almost two months I didn't hug him or share my love towards him.