Chapter 13: Goodbye Loved Ones

-Melissa's POV-

"Dear diary, yesterday was the best. I just messed up my soon-to-be husband's clothes. Well, I dyed all of them pink. At first, he was angry but then he said that I was too innocent to be scolded by him. So, he had no choice and wear the pink clothes. But, the worst part is that he get humiliated. If you're reading this, sorry baby." I read the paragraph loudly. I keep on trying to hold my laugher, reading the diary. James pretends that he didn't hear anything and continues to focus on the road. Right now, both of us are at his car. And yes, I bring the diary along. Like what he said yesterday, he promised me to send me home today. But he didn't say that he will send me home in the very early morning. Really? 5 o'clock in the morning? I'm still sleeping during that period of time.

"Melissa, could you stop reading the diary and make my cheeks red?" He asked me with his puppy face. I growled and throws the diary to the backseat. I crossed my arms over my chest and pouts, looking out of the window. I heard him sigh.

"Don't be like that, pouty. Alright, alright. How about we turn on some awesome songs." He said while plugging in his USB to the radio. Suddenly, my favourite song blasted the car. Oh my gosh! He is using my old USB that is full of my songs. I've been looking for that USB, but I couldn't find it for a month. He just stole my USB! Not to care about that, I starts singing the first song that comes out from the radio - Rolling in the Deep by Adele. When I try to hit the high note, James already get ready to close his ears. I playfully let go of his hands from his ears and shouted the high note at his ear, making him deaf for awhile. He then pushed me back to the passenger seat, making me laugh.

Throughout the whole thirty minutes car ride from Manhattan to Brooklyn, we had been singing what is on my USB. And I must admit that this is fun. It brings back the memories from the past.

"Alright, we're here." He stepped on the brakes and his car went free-wheeling and turned turtle before coming to a stop. I took a deep breath before opening the door. Am I really ready to face Chris after the incident? I just shook my head and bring my confidence back. I opened the door and stepped out of James' car. Before I could say my goodbyes, James is already beside me, guiding me into the building. I guessed he wants to follow me up until my penthouse.

I pressed the up button and the elevator door opens. Both of us stepped in and I pressed the very last floor. I cleared my throat to break the silence. I shamelessly asked him why he followed me until the top floor.

"Why do you want to follow me? You know that you could just send me in front of the building an leave."

"I don't know. I think I just want to know where you leave now." He answered. I just nodded and the silence came back. Then, I heard him murmur something.

"I miss you, Melissa." He speaks out. I quickly turn my attention to him as if he told the world is flat. His eyes boringly stares with my eyes. Did I hear that correctly? Oh. My. God. My ex-boyfriend just missed me. But he's the one that broke up with me. Should I admit that I miss him too... 'Cause to be honest, I miss him too.

"I, I miss you too." I replied while looking at him, waiting for his reaction. He smiled at me and took a tiny step towards me. I giggled at his childishness. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders. Without thinking, I put my head on his shoulders. I kinda feel homed. I miss his warmth, his care, everything about him. But sadly, we broke up. I looked at the numbers going up on top of the elevator door. I broke the embrace.

"I guessed this is a goodbye. See you next time, if we can." I said. He brings me closer to him and hugged me tight, not wanting to let go. I heard him whispered in my ear.

"I still love you." I pulled away and looked at him. I don't know why but there's a tear rolling down on my cheek. He wiped it away with his thumb and kissed my cheek. I feel myself melted to his kiss. He then stared at me for the very last time. Our face are really close. Suddenly, he brings his face closer to mine. I couldn't move to stop him from kissing me. I just closed my eyes and waited for him, instead of breaking it.