Chapter 17: Stuck

-Melissa's POV-

Oh my god. This is so fucking stressful. I tapped my pen to an unknown rhythm noisily, making the people surrounding me feeling annoyed. Heh, it's not my fault that this calculus question is difficult as fuck. I didn't even eat during lunch because I was busy doing calculus homework that is actually supposed to be done yesterday. Luckily, James is having the same calculus class with me. So I took that as an advantage.

"Can you lend me your calculus homework?" I asked James who is sitting beside me, chewing his French fry. He finished up the last piece and purposely wiped his oily fingers on my shirt. I stared at him with my are-you-fucking-serious look. Obviously he doesn't realize because he was busy searching for his worksheet in his messy backpack.

"Here it is!" He said by the time he found it and placed it on the cafeteria table. I quickly flipped the paper to the question that I wanted and copied it down, doesn't care whether it's right or wrong.

"Hey Mr and Mrs. Miller..." Oliver teased while assembling down to the seat opposite us with his food, together with his twin sister. James chuckled and threw a piece of French fry on his face. Olivia just shook her head and sighed, mouthing, "Boys..." I scowled and continued to copy James' answers.

Some might wondering why I rushed my calculus homework. Well, the period after lunch is calculus! And I don't want to get detention or worst, no school trip to Los Angeles. That's why I'm rushing myself to finish this stupid homework.

"Hey Melissa, I bought you some food. It's nothing much but at least you have something to eat." Olivia passed me my food which is two triangular pieces of Hawaiian pizza. Yum! I thanked her and start to wolf down the first piece. I quickly scrambled down the answers before lunch is over. Suddenly, the announcement siren went off.

"Attention, attention seniors! Listen carefully. You guys will not have the next period class. Instead, you guys have to assemble to your respective form classes to discuss about the trip which is held tomorrow. Thank you and have a nice day everyone!" The principal announced. Yeah, no calculus! But it just took almost 70% of my lunch time to finish off the stupid homework. I growled and threw James' worksheet at his face. He gagged as he was shocked of my sudden behavior when he was actually drinking his soda. I giggled and playfully punched him, distracting his lunch.

"You guys seriously have to patch back together!" Kaitlyn suddenly appeared and sat beside me. She nearly gave me a heart attack for doing that. Then, I heard James clearing his throat and murmured something but not soft enough for me to interfere what he is saying.

"I wished..." That's what he said. I suddenly felt an uneasy feeling, but in a good way. I have the same feeling when I'm together with him. My heart pounded against my chest wildly. The nervous feeling. Everything you felt when you love someone. I mentally scolded myself. I shouldn't be with him! I already have Chris! How many times must I remind myself about that? I sighed and messages my temples.

"So, are you guys excited for tomorrow? Because I am!" Kaitlyn blurted out, making me stop daydreaming. All of us nodded and continued to eat our food in silence.

A few minutes later, the lunch bell rang, telling us that lunch is over. Since James, Olivia, Oliver and Kaitlyn are the same class as me, we decided to walk to our respective classroom together. These few days, I kept on feeling tired even though it's just from nine o'clock in the morning 'till noon. But I always fight back, trying to be strong and restless.

Once we reached our class, we are not sitting at our assign places. Instead, our form teacher, Mr. Kelvin, gave us the new places for us to sit. Unfortunately, I was assigned to sit beside James. Argh, I'm supposed to keep distance from him not getting closer. I sighed and just focus on what Mr. Kelvin has to say to the class.