Chapter 25: Dinner Reservation

-Melissa's POV-

"No! Ronaldo, what are you doing?" I yelled at the TV screen. Right now I'm playing FIFA 15 with James on his brand new Xbox One. I can't believe that James is winning. That's impossible! I always win whether or not when it comes to cooking, education and any other competitions. I try to distract him by throwing pieces of popcorn at him when he continued tapping the buttons to score a goal. But it doesn't work. He scored another goal, making me fed-up.

"Yeah! Neymar scored again. What's up, Melissa? Can't prevent me beating your winning streak?" He raised an eyebrow and smirked at me. I growled and pushed his face away from me, making him stumbled backwards. Because of that, he dropped his controller and the batteries inside it started to lay on the floor. I quickly used this opportunity to score two more goals so that we could have a draw.

"Hah! Rodriguez scored!" I shouted, doesn't care whether the neighbors heard me. I looked at James who is still trying his best to get himself up. He was too big and ended stuck himself between the coffee table and the sofa. Sadly, his controller is much more further away from him. I continued to play, doesn't give a shit about James that is suffering on the floor. I laughed evilly when I get one of my Real Madrid players scored another goal!

"Yes! Benzema scored another one! Wooooo, a draw." I started jumping on top of the sofa. I heard James started cursing almost all the bad words. James dragged the coffee table out of his way, making a loud noise. I covered my ears. After getting the table out of his way, he rushed to his controller and put the batteries back. Oh no, he's back. I quickly focused myself on the TV screen, trying to get another goal.

"Oh my god. Are you fucking serious? Another two more minutes? How can I beat you!" James started complaining. I don't really care. I only care about my winning streak. I can't let him beat it. Never!

"Shit, no!" James cursed belligerently. He just missed his only shot to win this exhibition match by the ball hitting the pole. I smiled to myself, knowing that I could do this. I bit my lip, focusing too hard on this. A few seconds later...

"Oh my god! Ronaldo scored, bitch! Who's the winner? Me; Melissa Evans!" I celebrated by taking a handful of popcorn and tossed it up in the air. James just sat down on the sofa, staring on the scoreboard that shows:

Real Madrid - 3
Barcelona - 2

I then joined him and rested my chin on his shoulder. He still doesn't believe that I won at the very last minute. I smiled and started to tease him.

"You okay, big boy? Hehe, another match?" I giggled while poking at the side of his waist, making him jerk. He then turned his attention at me. He shrugged and looked at his controller that he's still holding in his hands. He then replied, "hell yeah."

I smiled and walked towards the kitchen to have a glass of plain water. I ordered him to choose my favorite soccer team and edit the game plan. He just rolled his eyes, a little annoyed by my nagging.

"Are you done, drinking? The match is starting soon." He yelled at me even though the distance between the kitchen and the living room is my that far.

"Alright, alright! I'm coming. Geez, can you wait?" I complained while walking towards James with the glass of water in my hand. I gently placed to glass on the coffee table and took my controller, ready to kick his ass again.

Before James could press the button for 'skip', the doorbell rang which startled me a little as I was too focused on the TV screen already. I looked at James, giving him a confused look. He, himself, have that questioning look. Seriously, who would ring the doorbell around the time that's close to midnight?

"I'll go get it." I said, getting up without hesitation. James stopped me by gripping my wrist and dragged me down towards the sofa. I glared at him. He sighed and said, "you stay here. I'll get the door. No arguments, this is my apartment."