Chapter 3: Two Weeks Later

It's been two weeks that I didn't go to school because I was sick. What is happening to me? I kept on vomiting. I also don't feel like eating because if I ate, I will keep on going to the bathroom. Luckily my dad is not here to witness this as he is on an overseas trip. He earned the trip because he beaten up the most strongest man at the illegal fighting club. So he will be away for a month. He believed that I can take care on my own.

My vomiting continues. I can even feel contractions in my stomach but I wasn't on my period. A shiver ran down my spine. I don't know what to do. Without a second thought, I called Olivia. After the second ring, she picked up.

"Hel-"

"Liv, can I go to your place?" I cut her short.

"Mel, is anything wrong?" She asked me with full of concern.

A tear rolled down my cheek. Why am I crying?
"Yes I have a problem. I tell you by the time I reached your place." I hung up before she asked me more questions.

I quickly put on my short jeans and a t-shirt that stated "BAM" in big letters. I grabbed on my dad's motorcycle keys and rushed out of the house. I hopped on my dad's motorcycle and start the engine. I could feel that I wanted to vomit again but I swallowed it away. Ew. Once I get the engine started, I drove the slow motorcycle to Olivia's.

I ran to Olivia's doorstep. I knocked the door loudly. I waited for Olivia to open the door. Within seconds, Olivia opened the door. Even though it is like 5 seconds waiting, it took like ages. Once she opened the door, I rushed it and went into Olivia's kitchen's bathroom.

"Nice to meet you too.." Olivia greeted me. I can scent sarcasm when she say that, but I don't care. I need to throw everything out. She then asked me whether I'm okay or not. I shook my head. She gave me a warm plain water to make me release the pain.

"What is wrong with me, Liv? I keep on vomiting and my period supposed to come last week. I'm scared. What is happening to my body?!" I started to panic. I took many short breaths as I'm too scared.

"... Are you pregnant? 'Cause when you undergo pregnancy, you always vomit and experience contractions. Also, it may stop your menstruation cycle too." Olivia replied.

I looked at her as if she just said something crazy like jumping off the cliff. I laughed at her answer. She just gave me her natural look. My laugh was cut short as the contractions are back. Am I really pregnant? Is it because of that night that I slept with Chris? Oh my god.. Olivia may be right. I looked at Olivia again with wide eyes. She then said, "we should go to the pharmacy and get the things for pregnancy tests." I just nodded and follow her lead.

We bought ten different brands of pregnancy test. I already test all of them and now waiting for the results. What if it comes out positive? Olivia sat beside me and rubbed my back to calm me down. I looked at her with fear in my eyes. She just smiled at me assuringly that it will be fine. It's been 5 minutes we waited for the results and the wait is done. I took all the test and look at them individually.

My eyes staring in disbelief. The torture of my indecision and fear threatened to crush me. Olivia looked at me questionly. I show her all the test. She muttered..

"Positive."

She looked at me. I put my hands on my stomach. I'm carrying a billionaire's child. His child. His heir. I'm only 17. I'm not ready. Olivia put her hands on my shoulder.

"You should meet Chris and discuss about this tomorrow at his office." She advised me. I'm lucky to have Olivia as my friend. She is such a good adviser.

"What if he hates me when I told him about this?" I managed to get my voice back.

"It's his child. He may take care of you when you are carrying his child." She replied back with an assuring smile on her face.

I guessed she is right. If he didn't accept me, it means that he hates his own child. I took her advice and decided to meet Chris tomorrow. That is the first I should do tomorrow morning. I picked out the card that I found that day and dialed his office number instead of this phone number.

"Hello. This is Cortes Company. How may I help you?" Asked the speaker with a polite manner.

"Erm hi. I decided to meet Mr. Chris Cortes tomorrow if that is alright." I stumbled on my words.

"Sure.. Is 10am okay for you? Because that's the only timing he is available. And by the way, what's your name? So when you come here, you can just say your name on the receptionist table."

"It's fine. And I'm Melissa Evans." I replied her back, but this time, more confidently.

The speaker then confirmed with me on the details and hung up on me. After the call, I went to bed and try to have a good sleep. I'm just afraid to meet Chris to tell him about this. I sighed.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

--------------------------------------------------
Oh yayz! Chapter 3 uploaded. It's midnight here in Singapore but I'm glad that I managed to finish it and also published it for you readers! Gonna sleep now. Continue chapter 4 tmr! Make sure vote, comment or recommend this to your friends!

Love, Nora xx