Chapter 19: Unnoticed

-Melissa's POV-

"Melissa! Wake up, it's noon... And the weather is awesome!" James shouted at my ear, trying to wake me up. I groaned and pushed his face away, leaving him stumbling to his single bed. I buried my face under the pillow and continued to sleep. I heard James growling but could sense him just walked away, not wanting to fight back.

Yesterday is seriously the most tiring day ever on a vacation. I felt so jet-lagged. By the time we had reached our not-so-bad resort that has a perfect view of the beach, I quickly plunged myself onto any single bed. And from there, I slept all the way until now.

Suddenly, I could feel someone jumping on my bed. Obviously it's James as he is the only one with me in the resort. While jumping, he clanked two pans, making a loud noise to the room. I groaned and closed my ears with the help of my comfortable pillow. A few seconds later, the jumping and clanking of pans are gone. I sighed in relief and try to sleep again. But, unfortunately... No.

This time, he pulled my comforter away, leaving me shivering due to the air-conditioner. Since my face is buried against the pillow, I blindly tried my best to find my comforter, but it's nowhere to be found. I ignored him again. Man, since when I'm such a heavy sleeper? James groaned and keep on begging me to wake up as he doesn't want to waste every hour in this vacation. Don't care, I tried to went back to sleep.

He still never stops. He heard the curtain was opened. He then came towards me and took away my pillow that my face was buried underneath. The sunlight shone directly towards my face, making me nearly blind. I asked him to give my pillow back but he threw it further away from where we are. I growled, rubbing my weary eyes.

Finding me still laying on the bed, James couldn't wait anymore and carried me over his shoulder. My eyes shot open. I started to kick and punch him just to escape from his grip. But, it won't budge. Duh, he's too strong.

"Put me down!" I demanded. He didn't. As expected. I continued to beg him to put me. He walked for a few seconds and found ourselves in the bathroom. He slowly put me down. I shrieked as my feet was cold from the bathroom flooring. I quickly opened the tap of hot water from the bath tub and put my feet inside the tub. I sighed in relief.

After making my feet warm as possible, I turned my attention towards James. He had been laughing all along. I furrowed my eyebrows and glared at him. His laughter gets louder, making me more angry.

"I will not follow you to the beach today if you gonna keep on laughing!" I blurted out, crossing my arms over my chest. Well, that works. He stopped laughing and just left, with the door open.

"Hey, hey! Close the door!" I shouted at him. There, I heard him laughing again. I then managed to hear him shouted back at me.

"I rather see you dancing naked like before!" Wait, how does he know that I danced in the shower like a year ago? Is he peeking on me everytime I took a shower?! Argh, what a pervert. I just shook my head, closed the bathroom door and have a refreshing shower before going to the beach which is right in front of our resort.

*Chris' POV*

Well, this is kinda awkward. Being in a car... With your ex-girlfriend, on our way to my nemesis, Alexander's, company. The radio was off because I was stupid enough to turn in on from the start of this boring car ride. And also, this bitch doesn't stop talking which is fucking annoying. Do I have a duct tape to shut her up?

"So, how's your first day without Melissa around you?" It sucks ass... I miss her.

"Are you going to have lunch later?" Not with you!

"Working overtime?" Maybe.

"Do you think I'm pretty?" Ew, fuck no.

Really annoyed with her, I glared at her and shouting back at her to shut up.