HAPPY ENDING + EPILOGUE

-Chris' POV-

Everything is a chaos when we're in this delivery suite. The shouting. The heartbeat monitor. My re-fiancé screaming, begging for help. I just stood beside Melissa, watching the commotion. It's really suffering to see Melissa using her strength to push the twins out. I stood here, encouraging her that she did pretty well.

"One more push. On three - 1,2,3... Push!" The doctor commanded. Melissa didn't budge. She took her time to push.

"Come on, baby. You can do it. One more push and the first one is good to go." Her neck muscles can be seen as she goes for the last push. She screamed and landed her head on the pillow as soon she gave a good push.

"My god, it hurts so bad!" She squeezed my hand too hard but I don't really care. If she suffers, I myself suffers inside to see her this way. So far the heartbeat monitor is working well. I heaved a sigh of relief. I hope it still works that way.

Suddenly, I heard a cry. A baby cry. I looked at it. Automatically, I have a huge smile on my face. My healthy baby boy. The doctors did their work fast so that they can handle the next one. I swallowed my saliva and see how precious the little one is.

After a few minutes of staring the beauty, the commotion comes back. This time, Melissa screams much more louder. I guessed the baby girl is a stubborn one. Melissa looked at me with her watery eyes. There's dry tears on her cheeks due to the pain. I wiped it away and gave her kiss on her forehead, doesn't care about her sweats.

The doctors continued to demand her to push and she did. It was heart-rending to see her this way. I took strands of her hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear. She's, by far, the most strongest woman I've ever seen. She's not the kind of girl that couldn't handle the pain and wanted to go for C-section. She's the kind of person that would do anything for her babies than her life. Speaking of her life, the heartbeat monitor still shows that it's fine.

There it is. Another baby cry. I grinned from ear to ear. The doctors do their job while Melissa rested. I rested my forehead against hers. I then whispered, "thank you..."

Everything goes down to hill afterwards. The heartbeat monitor gave out a loud sound. A warning sound to be exact. No, this can't be. It went perfectly well. Tell me this is a goddamn dream. Melissa just looked at me and smiled as if nothing happened. She's still trying to be strong. I, over here, started to freak out.

"Sir, you have to leave for awhile so we cold check on your wife." The main doctor demanded me. I didn't budge. I still stood there, rooted to the ground. My hand is intertwined to Melissa's.

"Sir, please. If you want us to work fast, you better leave." So, I obeyed right after they said that. I looked over my shoulder and I could see Melissa is still smiling. I could see her mouthed some words but I don't understand. After I went out, the door is closed. I looked at it, hoping that I could go in again but I couldn't. I leaned my head against the door, praying that Melissa stays alive. She's the only girl that I need. I hope that 30% survival shit is wrong.

Please stay with me, Melissa. I need you more than anything...

-Melissa's POV-

I opened my eyes slowly. I looked around. I'm still alive, right? Suddenly the door opened. Big smile started forming on my face as I saw Chris walking towards me.

"Oh! You're up. Good morning, Mrs. Cortes." He said, placing his cup of coffee at the nearby table. He then sat beside me and started stroking my hair.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me with his eyes full of concern. I weakly smiled at him.

"I'm okay. How long have I been out?" I asked, adjusting my sitting position.