Chapter 32: Twins

-Melissa's POV-

"Alright, what name fits our child?" Chris asked me, focusing on the road. Right now, he's sending me to school since he promised me yesterday. Also, he's not working today since he promised his high school friend that he will take a break.

To be honest, I don't really know what name should I put for the baby. I looked at Chris and bit my lip, thinking really hard for a name.

"Well, I don't know. What worries me now is is why is my baby bump really big for at least one child? Do you think he or she is going to be a chubby one?" Yup, that's what concern me. Is it really normal? I noticed that Chris took a quick glance at me before he focused back on the road.

"Hmmm. If you think it's really big, then maybe we're gonna have twins." He smirked at me. Is he serious? I raised an eyebrow at him. It's impossible to have twins. It's really rare.

"Why do you think we gonna have twins?" I asked him. He looked at me, having the cute smile. He then laughed and replied me, "have a guess."

No way. Don't tell me he's have a twin. But that look on his face explained everything. It shows that he has one. I just looked at him, wide-eyed.

"Don't tell me. No... That's impossible." I said, couldn't believe him. He gave a humorless laugh and just nodded. I could feel that my jaw dropped. I quickly covered my mouth with both of my hands. I still have the disbelief look on my face.

"I'm serious, Melissa. I have a twin sister." He just said it with his own mouth.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I smacked his right arm as hard as I could which can make him groaned in pain. He glared at me while rubbing his right arm to cool down the sting.

"Well, uhh, she's... Erm, she's away." He stuttered. Is he lying? I feel that I wanted to meet her. I wanted to see whether she has the same personality as him. If she has that same personality, then this might-be twins in my womb can be easier to be taken care of. Well, I just hoped that I still have time to spare for this beautiful baby or babies.

I looked down. I tried my best to hold back my tears. I'm just worried whether Chris could handle taking care of the child or not. I sighed. My thoughts were interrupted after Chris hold onto my shoulder. I looked up and I saw Chris' concerning eyes.

"You okay? You look worried." He asked me, rubbing my arm to calm me down. And of course, it worked.

"I'm okay." Obviously I lied. Chris was clever. He could sense my lie.

"You're lying, Mel. Something really is bothering you. What is it, Melissa? Tell me." He begged. He really want to know the truth. But I really don't want to tell him about my 30% chance of living right after I gave birth. So I quickly made up the reason why I'm worried about.

"Studies. I'm just worried about studies." I try my best not to show the lies I make again. Chris just gave me an assured smile. He leaned closer to me and gave me a hug.

"Don't worry. You can pass your examinations, okay? I guarantee that you will go to the college that you want. And I'm really proud to say that." He whispered in my ear while rubbing my back. I broke the embrace and smiled at him. He sounded more like a father instead of a lover. I giggled at my thoughts which make Chris confused.

"Why are you laughing? Is my advice that funny?" He raised an eyebrow. I bit my lip and innocently shook my head. I then explained why I laughed.

"You sound like a father." His cheeks started to blush red. He looked away from me and unlocked the car door so that I could go to school. But I wasn't done teasing him yet. So instead of going out, I decided to stay here and tease him more.