Chapter 29: Reconnecting

-Chris' POV-

It's already eight o'clock in the evening and I'm still in my office, signing ten more cheques that will be delivered to those companies that I haven't pay yet. Suddenly there's a knock on the door. Who would knock on my door during this hour? Without wasting time, I got up from my seat and went towards the door.

"Hmph, you're still here. As expected." Jake greeted me. I just rolled my eyes and sarcastically replied him.

"Nice to meet you too, you fucking dickhead." I cursed him. He just smirked and playfully slapped my face. But of course, it still hurts as he slapped me really hard.

I went inside and settled myself down. Jake closed the door and sat opposite me. He purposely drink my can of Coca Cola and he finished it as it only remains half of the can. I glared at him because he just drank up every single drop of my drink that could wake me up throughout the night.

Jake saw my reaction and chuckled. Instead of apologizing, he started to joke around. "Dude, it's not like that is the very last can of Coca Cola in America. You can buy more at the lobby or make a coffee."

He ended his joke with him putting his legs up and let it rest on my office table. I vigorously shove it away and continued signing the cheques.

"Why are you here in the first place?" I asked him, still signing my cheques and doesn't even bother to look at his face.

"I don't know. I'm just bored and I have nothing to do at home. So, I just came by to check on my high school friend." He rested his arms behind his head and leaned against it.

"Don't you have any work to do?" I raised an eyebrow at him. He laughed.

"Chris. I'm not a slow worker like you. I don't delay my pays so I have nothing to do at my workplace as well." He cleverly answered.

"Then go somewhere else. Like I don't know... Your favourite place?"

"The strip club? Nahh, I want to give my partner here a rest for the night." He shamelessly showed his bulge and crossed his arms afterwards. Not wanting to slow down my working process, I decided to keep quiet and signed the very last piece of the cheque.

"Chris, you really need to rest." He ruined the peaceful silence that only last for a minute. I sighed and rested my chin with the support of my hand.

"Why should I? I rather be here and continued my work instead of being like you... Always get laid." I talked back.

"I have my limits, bro. Unlike you, working overtime right after the stupid divorce happens." He pouted and crossed his arms over his chest. I just rolled my eyes and looked at the document I had typed throughout the whole day.

"Seriously! Take a fucking rest before you have some unknown sickness." He advised me once more. I stopped my work and think about it. He was actually right. If I keep on working, I may fall ill easily.

I looked at him and sighed. "Alright fine. I'll take your advice. I will be leaving this place in a few minutes."

He just smirked at me and get up from his seat. He then went towards the door, getting ready to leave. He looked at me once more before leaving and said, "you better follow me next time to the club since you are now single and ready to mingle."

I quietly laughed and replied him, "never gonna happen."

The door closed and I'm all alone again in this huge office of mine. I decided to finish off the reading and then I'm ready to leave.

-Melissa's POV-

"Do I look good?" I showed the girls the outfit I choose. Right now, I'm in Olivia's house because I wanted to look fabulous when I get there instead of wearing my pajamas.