Chapter 22: 'Unforced' Kisses

-Melissa's POV-

Today is our very last day in Los Angeles. Of course, I'm upset because I have to go to New York and tried my best to act normal in front of Chris. It's just purely stupid, but I have to try it... Right? Or maybe I have to?

Right now, I'm walking with Olivia and Megan in some classic shopping mall in Hollywood. It is fun but Megan is here... Of course, she gonna brag how bad the place is even though it's a five star shopping mall. Annoying bitch (sorry, not sorry). But at least, there's the boys, cheering up the boring mood that caused by that annoying bitch.

But of course, there's a disadvantage of these boys because they keep on asking us when we finished shopping or they will complain on what we buy. But the good thing is that they are fun to be with. They keep on fooling around so that they will not get bored and all of us had fun together instead of an awkward silence.

Suddenly, Lucas came by my side and wrapped his right arm around my shoulder. Argh, what does he want now?

"So, Melissa baby... What do you wanna do tonight? Since you know, tomorrow is you special day. I just think maybe both you and I can make out in my hotel room." Lucas suggested while slowly sliding his hand closer to my ass. I just rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. When is this guy gonna stop seductively disturbing me? Hope James knows what I'm feeling right now 'cause he's the only one that Lucas listened to.

And luckily, James helped me. Thank God!

"Could you stop disturbing her? She might not be in a good mood." He said, pulling Lucas' shoulders back, making him difficult to stand upright on his feet. James grabbed my hand and intertwined with his, tightly. As usual.

Lucas put his arms around both of our shoulders, separating us both. He then turned his attention to his best friend, giving him a questioning look.

"How do you know she's not in a good mood?" He asked, squeezing my shoulder. James gave him the 'what-kind-of-question-is-that' look. He cleared his throat and replied him.

"Well, I'm once Melissa's boyfriend and we've been together for two years. So I know her well." He replied, maintaining a straight face. I smirked at his answer. He's pretty clever to reply that question.

As for Lucas, he sighed in defeat. He then changed the topic, feeling embarrassed.

"So, do you guys wanna go to the arcade, after all the girls finish shopping?" He recommended. All of us looked at him. We nodded and continued to do some window shopping.

Megan and Olivia looked happy every time when they get their things. Even the boys... Joke around and laugh. All of them looked so excited and happy. But me? Not at all. I'm still worrying about Chris in New York. How is he gonna handle with Natalie, kinda sexually disturbing him.

All of my friends are walking at the front while I walked alone at the back. I tug my hands inside my pockets and dragged my feet, following where they go. Approaching the arcade, actually.

But then, James turned around and saw me looking so depressed. He came, running by my side. He looked at me, full of concern. I just gave him a fake smile, trying to hide my hurtful emotions but it doesn't work.

"You okay? You looked so worried. Something wrong?" He asked, rubbing my back. I took a deep breath, taking in my tears from pouring down. I just slowly nodded at him. That makes him worries about me more. He called out the rest.

"Hey guys! Melissa and I decided to go somewhere for awhile because I forgot to buy something." He lied. They gave him a nod and Lucas gave him a thumb up to tell him that it's an 'okay'.