Chapter 10: Loss

*Chris' POV*

I called her again... But no answer. This could be the thousandth times that I've called her. Where are you? Please, just answer my phone calls and text messages. I sighed. It's been two days since Melissa's gone. Her clothes. Her phone charger. Her car that I've bought for her. And of course, herself... All gone! It's impossible that she left me. She won't do that... Right? I pushed away all the document files to the floor.

Stressed. Worried. Hurt. Anger.

I'm feeling all that expressions altogether. Suddenly, there's a knock on the door. I shouted, "Come in!" The door opened and I was greeted by my best friend since high school, Jake.

Background on Jake. He is 23, same as me. He is older than me by just a day. He has been my friend since high school year. Whenever I'm down, I will always find him for advices. Currently, he is the CEO of the Lockwood Company - taking over his father. He is now working together with me on our new project. And, he is a player as he don't believe in love. So moving on...

"Still couldn't find your girl?" He jokes. I glared at him, showing him that I'm not in a mood for jokes. He sighed. He sat in front of me and looked at me in the eye.

"Alright. How about we go to a bar nearby your house and have a drink? I promise you, it will make you feel better." He said assuringly. I just nodded at him as if I'm a puppet being controlled by humans. I'm being compelled by him. Well played, Jake.

-Melissa's POV-

I looked at my unconscious dad, laying on the hospital bed. His head is bandaged. His lips are dry. His face is really pale as if he seen a ghost. Every single of his body is cold. Olivia and Oliver kept on asking me to eat but I refused their offer every time. So far I only ate a biscuit and drank a cup of plain water. I've been sitting beside my dad for 24/7, without fail. I don't really care about anything except for my dad. I'm scared that he still hates me after what I did. I sighed. Just wake up dad, you been out cold for forty-eight hours. I waited and waited, until I dozed off as I was completely exhausted.

Suddenly, someone wake me up. I moaned as I was too exhausted. I rubbed my weary eyes. I looked up and saw Oliver. He then point his finger to my dad's direction. I followed. I couldn't believe my eyes! My dad is up from coma! Oh my god, this is good news and I need it for days. I got up and start leaning closer to my dad.

"Dad? Oh gosh, you're up." I laughed while I was brink of tears. I hugged him lightly as I don't want to hurt him. When I pulled away from the hug, he looked at me dumbfounded. Is there something wrong? He then managed to find his voice and said, "Who are you?"

And there, I was deeply puzzled. My eyes widened in surprise. What does he mean by that? I'm his daughter. His only daughter. I then looked at Oliver. He also couldn't believe his eyes. I guessed that took him by surprise too. I grabbed Oliver's arm to show him that I'm scared. He then asked me to calm down while he go and get the nurse. I just nodded and plunged myself into a chair.

It didn't took that long for Oliver to arrive with a doctor with him. The doctor then asked me to sit outside while he checked on my father. Oliver guided me out. When I'm outside, I hugged Oliver and cried all my heart out. It felt the whole weight of the world upon my shoulders. Oliver tried to calm me down. But it doesn't work. He is not the same as Chris. I want Chris' comfort. He is the only one that calm me down.

Out of the sudden, the door opened. I quickly pulled away the hug and wiped my tears away.

"How is he? Why can't he remember things? What happened? Tell me that he is completely fine." I asked the doctor that has been in my mind for that few minutes that I've waited outside. The doctor gave me a serious look. Oh no.. That's going to be a bad sign. He sighed.