Veneer of Bravery

In the melancholic darkness, upon a steep cliff stood a brave lady, who wasn't afraid to be what she believed in. Around her, like cowardly hunters stood men in black, feeling no shame cornering a young lady, a princess, so late at night.

"No one can reach here sivi Kumari, rethink your decision, no one will save you, your step mother sold you to us" A shameless black man smirked as he stared at her delicate form. She was surely a worthy prey to undertake such great strain.

She just stared back at him with her galaxy black eyes. And softly yet firmly, as if she was thier death, she hissed "No!" 

Her voice was muffled as she felt a cloth choke her neck and behind her grabbing her king tresses, muffling her mouth stood the black man.

If she felt any trace of fear,  she covered it with an iron gate of courage. Jarasandh might be dangerous but he was extremely and absolutely unperceptive. What was his thunder in front of Devika, the sivi princess who carried hurricanes at her fingertips.

"Last choice devika" jarasandh said as he walked towards her, in the dark night like a predator towards its prey, relishing every step.

"I will- not- surrender- to you" devika tried to say but her words broke and she gasped for breath and The black man brought the sword closer to her neck beads of red blood appeared on her neck. Even if fear rumbled through her heart at the sight of her own blood being spilled recklessly, she stood proud, entirely confident and dauntless.

She closed her eyes, not prepared for the following action. But there was only one action, one prospect to save her honour before the night closed in upon her and they violated human code and ruined her virginity.

The black man smirked as jarasandh jeered at her foolishness.

The jewel of sivis stepped back, with an exhausted smile on her face, tired of their misbehavior, her hands folded in worship, her dress stained in blood, and jumped from the cliff, embracing death for her honor. She would die for her honour, a true veneer of bravery.

~~~~~~

Yuddhishtira's pov

I heard my name being called in the rangbhoomi, but a part of me felt like i was dying, i could not focus, my smile was fake, the internal me felt like i was walking on fire... I had no idea, why?

It is funny how sometimes even before you know someone, your heart is connected to them, and distance never matters.

My face was adorned with a small smile as my mother was beaming seeing my chariot levitating at 3 finger distance froom the groud, all I am was because of her. My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.

I turned to face my brothers who glowed seeing me and I chuckled at their excitement and whispered to myself that I would never, no matter what, let them down.

I managed to disarm dushasan but then i was to face duryodhan, no matter what people said, he was, is and shall always be my brother also, no matter how many mistakes he made, i will always love him, i never got a chance to show duryodhan my love, but deep down I knew a part of him accepted me as his elder brother long back.

He defeated me easily, but I was happy and proud to be defeated by him, I smiled at him as I left from the display area. Bheem did not look pleased and swore to defeat Duryodhan.

Bheem entered the area fuming, he was angry I was defeated by duryodhana, I gave him a smile. He was the typical hothead of our family and extremely possessive of all of us. Seeing a single scratch upon us hurt him more than it would hurt us.

It was common knowledge in Hastinapura that there was no love lost between Bheema and Duryodhana. As the princes stepped into the middle of the arena, already some of the people yelled the dashing Duryodhana's name and others rooted for Bheema.

Drona cried, "This is no duel between enemies, only an exhibition." He looked meaningfully at the combatants, so they remembered this as well.

Drona stepped away and, bowing briefly to each other, the two mace-fighters began to circle one another, the maces shining in their hands.

At first a hush fell on the crowd and you could hear it breathe. Then some of Duryodhana's supporters began to chant his name, "Duryodhana. Duryodhana. Duryodhana."

Promptly, others cried, "Bheema! Bheema! Bheema!"

Duryodhana lunged forward like a striking cobra and swung his gada viciously at Bheema. The chanting stopped at the ferocity of that blow. But for all his bulk, Bheema was as quick as his adversary; his mace rose in a flash to block his cousin's stroke. The weapons rang together, sparks flying from them and the sky echoed with a thunderclap. Silence again in the stadium. Just the two immense kshatriyas circled each other warily, their eyes on fire with feelings far from those proper to an exhibition. The crowd was silenced by the elemental force of that first blow.

Drona frowned. He said to Aswatthama, "They will kill each other if they continue and they are dividing the people between them. Stop them."

Aswatthama ran forward and cried, "Stop! Drona commands you to stop fighting!"
~~~~~~

Karna us about to enter, but there is a twist coming up..
What will happen to Devika?
Why is yuddhishtir restless?

Please VOTE AND COMMENT.