Tears Don't Fall

Yuddhishtir's pov

Rejection from someone you love, is the worst kind of pain. I could not say I loved her, I had just met her and love was too powerful a word to define it. But I did know that come hail come storm, I would hold her hand and shelter her from pain and sorrows. I would guide her in the dark and wipe her tears.

But my fantasies came to an end before they even begun.

I swung myself on my horse unmindful and rode away as fast as it could take me.  Am myraid of emotions took over me as I rubbed my eyes but the stubborn tears just didn't go away. They kept coming back. I was enchanted, broken, dazzled and confused. It was like all the most random feelings had found home in my heart and were competing about who could hurt me more. 

I shook out of my reverie when I saw the majestic golden gates of the royal palace standing in front of me, unwavering and unfaltering. I took a step in all too familiar palace, I just wanted to get away. But I duties to finish, and responsibilities to behold. And miles to go before I sleep.

I rushed to the rajya sabha and made it just in time and sat at my place.Dry Tear strains were still on my face and I noticed my other 4 brothers scowling at it, and I turned away from them, Arjun silenced them before they could ask me anything. Internally, I thanked him.

But I didn't know how long will I escape like this?

I got up and presented the issue I had seen on the way while I was coming back to the palace. If the question came to the well being of my citizens, I could lock my desires and wishes and feelings in the deepest corner of my heart, and always prioritise them.

|flashback|

I was riding my horse as I met Arjun on the outskirts of the city. We walked together silently as he gave up his attempts to spark a conversation. after I crossed the main prosperous area of hastinapur, the path was not straight or maintained. I kept on riding with a faster speed because I wanted to cross this area quick. Arjun lifted his bow and kept it ready incase of any looming danger.

"This is our country, why do you need to protect yourself?" I asked intrigued.

"I am a warrior travelling with the prestigious crown prince of the kurus. I must be on my best behaviour and ready to take up any danger." He replied smiling jokingly. 

Suddenly I was an old man crossing the road, his knees trembling, his hands shaking carrying heavy weight, my heart wrenched at his exhausted face and I got off my horse and went to him. 

"Kaka, you are so old, why do you work so much?" I asked him concern dancing in my eyes, Arjun did not even bother to ask him as I phenomenal started to take the weight from his shoulders.He tried to resist as him and said with moist eyes 

"Vatsa, my son is terrible ill, I took him to the local doctor but his medicines only made my son more ill, I haven't got enough money to take him to the main city and get a proper treatment, he hasn't been able to go to his work also for more than a week now, there isn't a grain in the house to eat, I have to do it" he replied with moist eyes and stared into mine. 

I wiped his tears and let him rest his head on my shoulder. "Kaka, isn't it the duty of youngers to help elders? Let me carry this for you" I said gently as Arjun took the weight and I realised that they were logs he had cut from the forest. 

I gestured to Arjun to give me some of the logs. He did not have to lift them alone but he shook his head in a firm No.

Soon as reached the old man's house and his wife came outside crying her heart out.She hadn't noticed me in her grief. She went and clasped the old man's arms 

"Aarya! Out son left for his final destination!"  she cried, my heart pained to see that. A mothers pain is the worst type of pain. For a moment the old man was frozen, unable to comprehend the tragedy. Then he bitterly seeped. "We can't even give him a funeral" he cried as he fainted from the shocking sorrow.

Arjun slowly kept the logs down and I wiped the old lady's tears. They had no one now.

 We took off all my gold and precious ornaments, every single one and gave them to them. Many priceless jewels, expensive rubies and diamonds laden in pure gold.

 Then my sight fell on my golden bracelet, my hands trembled as I removed it, this bracelet was the only memory of pita ji I had, I had never parted with it, it meant to me more than my life, but I knew that this couple needed it more than me, controlling my tears I gave that also to them. Pita ji would not have liked me to be selfish.

 "Kaki, this should be enough for your son's funeral and grains for some months.." I said as I went from there . I wished I could be there but I could not.

|present|

As I stood, I presented the issue of the poor medicines being sold. From the corner of my eye, I saw Duryodhana fume away in anger. After my issue was debated and critiqued, the king declared the Sabha finished and went after his precious son. 

Everyone else went to the dining room but I went to my room. My appetite eluded me. I knew, one look at my tear stricken face, my brothers and mother would haunt me with their questions. I fell back on my plush bed and stared into nothingness, my eyes leaked tears on my silken pillows as I tried my best to hold in my sobs.

I heard knocking on the door and ignored it, but the knocking got more and more violent. 

Then I heard the gentle voice of Sahadev, "Jyesth, open the door." 

"Go away." I said as I refused to budge.

"Open the door." Arjun tried.

"Leave." Is all I replied trying to hide the shakiness in my voice.

"Open the damn door."

Nakul's voice resonated through my chamber as I decided to not reply.

"We have the permission." Sahadev again said. As I got perplexed, permission for what?

"Bhaiya, If you don't open, I'll break this damn door that separates you from us." Bheem announced in his booming voice. 

Oh, permission to basically break my door. I got up to open it and that's exactly when I felt a heavy body fall on me and the loud thud of the broken pieces of the door hitting the ground. I groaned under the weight.

"Bheem, get off me! I can't breathe." I said as he got up. 

"Why didn't you stay back?" Bheem asked as I gave him a seriously look.

"Seriously? Did you expect me to stay back and just watch you break my door?!" I said exasperated as Nakul's  eyes zeroed in on my arm. Nothing misses an his eyes. Right?

He arched his eyebrows and gestured towards my empty wrist where dads bracelet used to once sit. Then he pointed to the tear stains on my cheeks. "What the fuck is all this bhaiya?" He asked as he wiped my tears gently. I just looked down and told him about the incident at the poor part of the city. He squeezed my hand reassuring me.

Others too noticed my missing bracelet and teary eyes as they looked at me worried. I don't think they ever saw me so disturbed.

"You haven't eaten anything all day and it is night!" Bheem pointed out as Sahadev gave me a tray of food. I shook my head as he insisted that I eat.

"You must eat at least 3 meals a day and here are you, you haven't eaten anything all day." Bheem pushed the matter as I replied." Bheem, I'm not hungry! You know I don't lie." 

Seeing my state, my brothers hugged me, I hadn't breathed a word about the enchanting girl I met but we needed no words. We were one soul in five bodies, my brothers an I.

~~~~~

I left devika for the next chapter,by couldn't think what to write cause...

vote and comment if you like this story, cause I think no one reads it and maybe I should discontinue it...

RegalQueen_