Sovereign

There was this gut wrenching scream. Karn found the color leave Yudhishthira's face in an instant. And then they heard it. That little noise which was music to their ears- The baby's cry. Vrushali came out with the baby wrapped in a white dhoti.

"It's a boy Yudhi", she said through happy tears, "You have a son now", she said as she passed on the babyboy to Yudhi.

Yudhi took the baby into his arms. He has never felt this much happy in his entire life, "Welcome to this world my bundle of joy! I am going to be the best father the world has ever seen I Promise!", he said and kissed his son's forehead. He just wanted to stop time and cherish that moment. He handed the boy to bheem with a smile that had been missing on his face for years because of all the struggles.

Arjun noticed how the baby snuggled to his father's touch. He noticed how proud Yudhi felt.

"Awww", Dhriti said wistfully. With just one look at her anyone can see how badly she wanted to hold him. How can Yudhi not see?

"Hey little man! Let me introduce you to our Aunt, Dhriti", Dhriti said.

"Hey little champ", Dhriti ssaid as sshe held him, "Oh my God he is so tiny",she added. She didn't even bother to hide her wet eyes, "I cant wait to play with you"

But his happiness was doubled as Kunti came out holding another child in her arms.

"There is a girl also, she is the elder twin" She said as she handed the daughter to yudhishthira as she held his hand with her tiny finger.

Tears came to his eyes as he saw himself in her, she seemed like his exact replica of him. He could not put his feelings into words. She filled him with inexplicable ecstasy. He had never been this happy. The way her tiny fingers wrapped around his war rough palms. She stared up at him, and her eyes were so large they looked like blue mint candies. They had a different pain in them. A feeling of pleading reflected in her eyes as yudhi shivered at it. She fidgeted her fingers in his hand as let out a watery chuckle. She then extended her hand and pulled his hair hard. Making him fake scowl then laugh as other burst out laughing.

"Welcome to the team, No one except me, you, Nakul and Sahadev ever dared to pull bhaiya's hair." Dhriti said laughing.

But their joy was short lived was she suddenly struggled breathing, and within a second, she shut her eyes for evermore. She died before she even saw life. Yudhishthira went hysteric as his brothers held him tight as he himself struggled in their grasps.

"Bhaiya we need you in right now", Nakul yelled from the bedroom door.

"What? What happened?", Yudhishthira screamed.

"Bhabi is loosing consciousness. Only you can bring her back. Get in here NOW", he yelled.

"Oh My God"

"It's okay we will take care of him. Go save your wife", Bheem said as he rocked the baby boy and Dhriti gave him an assuring nod.

Yudhi hurried to Draupadi followed by Kunti as Dhriti whispered to the baby, "Don't worry! I will always protect you- with my life"

After a minute or so the kid started crying. "Shshhh Shshhh Its okay champ. Mom and dad will be here soon. You are my brave prince. Don't cry! Don't cry!", Karn cooed. But he didn't stop crying. "Oh my God what do I do?", Bheema asked, Dhriti, Bheem tried soothing him but he didn't. Atlast Arjun took the kid in his arms and started swaddling him.

'He is the best of Bhaiya and Bhabi. What an amazing little soul', Arjun thought. "Hey please don't cry. Please don't.", he begged. He then took out the rattle that he stole from the heap of royal valuables that morning. The kid stopped crying at the sound of the rattle. "Yaayy its working", Arjun yelled childishly.