Little Brain, Big Doubt

Well, here I am- 

I honestly didn't think I would continue this story, but I don't want to abandon it, which might have something to do with 2 of my readers who urged me to continue this. I really hope you all like this.

Another thing, the last chapter has nearly 400 reads but merely 10 votes, this is very upsetting, so please vote and comment. Reading your comments are leggit my fav thing to do.

~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes givers or selfless people end up being unable to love or assist others in the long run because of how cruel the world has been to them. Not because their hearts have become like those of stone, but because they have nothing left to give.

~~~~~~~~~~

Arjun blinked and blinked again.

Bheem dropped his laddoo.

Nakul had surely lost his mind to come up with something so absurd- it didn't make sense. It was pure blasphemy. Bheem burst out laughing at the very idea. Sahadev shook his head as he dead planned "I told you all to not entertain any of his doubts!"

"Nakul. Anuj, you should seriously not stress your brain so much, nothing good will come out of it." Bheem said shaking his head. Draupadi was still in shock, her husband must have taken a hit to the head last night. Next time, she would make sure Nakul did not sleep near a wall, but trusting him, he could take a hit to his head in any case.

She sighed at his sheer immaturity.

"So, what do you all think?" Nakul asked with a proud grin.

"What I think is that Nakul has lost his mind, so we must ignore the nonsense he oh-so graciously pointed out." Sahadev replied as Nakul threw him a betrayed look.

"Accept it, I am the smarter twin!" Nakul informed Sahadev.

Arjun who finally recovered from his blinking spree suggested, "Let's ask Bhrata Karna about this!" Garnering immediate approvals from the others, while Draupadi insisted to go prepare lunch and positively ignore Nakul's doubt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the dimly lit chamber, Duryodhana smirked at Dhriti. He came armed with the plan he and Shakuni had made.

Duryodhana, with a wicked grin, spoke, "Dhriti, the time has come to eliminate those who dare challenge my reign. Even if they share my blood, they pose a threat that must be extinguished."

Dhriti, known for her unyielding loyalty, met his gaze, a flicker of unease betraying her typically stoic facade. "My lord, your own kin? My family? There must be other ways to secure your throne without resorting to such extremes."

She could not comprehend why he wanted to hurt the Pandavas, they already had nothing.

The prince halted, turning to face her with a predatory intensity. "Dhriti, loyalty is a double-edged sword. Those who hesitate find themselves severed from its embrace. I expect you to carry out this task – efficiently and without mercy."

A charged silence permeated the room, Dhriti grappling with the sinister demand. "My lord, I have executed your every command without question, but this... this is a darkness I hadn't anticipated. They are family, after all."

Duryodhana's laughter echoed with cruelty. "Dhriti, do not let sentimentality cloud your judgment. Our enemies lurk within our own blood. You will weaken them."

Inside her was going on a raging battle between her allegiance to the prince and the moral turmoil within. Her mind flashed to the face of her son, Arobynn, whose future hinged on Duryodhana's continued reign. The weight of responsibility to secure his safety bore down on her, intensifying her mental anguish. Towards her son, after all, lay her last loyalty.