On your own

May you rest in a place where the sweetest angels sing and no harm can touch you, where bereft of the smallest sorrow, you find happiness that never ends. R.I.P Aurélie. 

Please vote and comment. I have been getting 100+ reads per chapter but not even 10 votes, this is extremely disheartening.

~~~~~~

Why are you scared when I am the one on the edge?

~~~~~

Karn sat on his bed chin in hand, staring out when he felt a soft touch on his shoulder.

"Aarya.." Vrushali's voice echoed as she sat beside him. "Vrushali, I must leave for the exile now."

Karn said as looked at her, his ebony eyes in her eyes. "Draupadi had once called me her elder sister. I failed her."

Vrushali looked down with teary eyes, unable to imagine the horrors Draupadi had faced in the kuru sabha. "What could you have done? You were here, safe and sound." Karn took her hands and squeezed them slightly to assure her. "It was my fault, if there is someone who had the power to stop Yudhishthira, it was me, but I didn't." Karn said remorsefully. Things are not in our hands at times and when we are done with it, all that is left is the guilt that you could have done better, but only time shows you that the cards you dealt with could have been a lot worse.

"It isn't your fault, and Aarya, our family has fallen apart. Duryodhan took more than just our possessions; he took away our unity." Vrushali said silently.

"I can see that, and I don't know what to do, Vrushali. All their lives, Yudhishthira has been the decision maker, the pillar of support, even when I came. But now, he has fallen apart, and I don't know what to do. I can never replace him, and he can never be the same again."

"Aarya, you don't need to be like him. He will never be the same. But you must pick up the broken shards of your family and piece them together."

"Vrushali, I may piece Arjun, Bheem, Nakul and Sahdev, but I can never piece yudhishthira back. I abandoned him in the darkest night of his life. I can never get the look of all my younger brothers sitting with heads bowed like slaves as their wife was humiliated."

"You were upset with him, I understand but that's not the reason, you should have stayed because your other 4 brothers were together and he was left alone, that's what elder brothers do, forgive and love."

"Vrushali, how are you so wise? I am so fortunate to have you."

"Aarya, now I must leave for Radha ma and pita Adhirath's home, with vrishketu and amelia

"Aarya, now I must leave for Radha ma and pita Adhirath's home, with vrishketu and amelia." Karn's heart stopped for a second, his wife wasn't joining them, he knew, but hearing it out loud made it so much more real.

"Vrishsena?" He enquired about his eldest son, as a reality hit him, vrishsena, 13 right now, would have gotten married by the time karna returned.

"He wishes to look for his own guru and learn, just like you." Vrushali smiled softly.