Twist in the Tale

Oh my god! 10K reads! I promised this

So here is the chapter with the twist in the tale!!!!!!!

Who all are excited?? Comment here..

And thanks for keeping your promise of getting me 10k reads before my birthday! It is on 17 october. Love you all soooooooooooooooooooooo much!

Plus if you guys can't comment on this chapter and spam my notifs i give up!

~~

My heart is tired of getting hurt. No matter how much I try not to be hurt, in the end, I know someone will hurt me.

~~

Hatred is corrosive of a person's wisdom and conscience; the mentality of enmity can poison a nation's spirit, instigate brutal life and death struggles, destroy a society's tolerance and humanity, and block a nation's progress to freedom and democracy.

~~

"Bhaiya, we need to talk.." Dhriti said fidgeting her fingers staring at the ground. He had never seen her so nervous, she did not dare to look into his eyes lest he burn her down..She just held his hand tight and pulled him to her room without giving him a moment to comprehend what was happening...

"Parihar!" she ordered the guards and dasis to leave so only she and her brother were left in the room..

After that she fell on his feet and touched them- for the last time..

''I know everything about you bhrata shree, it is only fair if you know everything abt me.. Now your brothers are here, so I guess it is time that I leave your life again.." dhriti whispered..

"No dhriti, you mean more than my life.."

"You will hate me after this, but it is inevitable." She said.. sharply inhaling..

"Why would I? I am confused dhriti?" yudhi asked puzzled..

"Promise me, you would listen to my story before judging me?" she asked in a tone yudhi could not anticipate- coldness and hardness.

"Yes." This was all he could say yet the least. His sister was behaving like a pyscho.

'So here is my story.." she started.

"Dhriti, baby girl what happened." Yudhi asked trying to mask his fear, had she lost it? Did she need to go a mental asylum?

"Nothing.." she replied coldly...

Yudhi was stunned but did not interrupt, by her tone dislike for him screamed as all those memories of his family and love hating him came back, did she also hate him?

"So as you know I am yamraj's younger daughter, hereby your sister." She started.. Technically, that was all yudhi knew about her.. He seemed intrigued, they never talked about her past before..

She shut her eyes not looking into his copper hued ones as she continued..

"I was cursed once. To forever be stuck without being able to get back my divine position. I was mata durga's strength.. I was Maha Kali's younger sister.. But after my military accomplishments, I was cursed to become a devil... I begged maharishi vyanthera to not curse me- But it was above us now." She stopped looking away.

"Why were you cursed.." he asked in barely above a whisper.

"One day maharishi vyanthera came to our home. Didi was not home so I decided to cater him, but I was on my periods. It was wrong, I know but there was no other choice. I did all the rituals, until he saw I was on my periods and was unmarried and cursed me.. I also tried to woo him. I did not know how wrong I was.

"You shall be a devil. you shall hurt the ones you hold dear, no one will ever love you.." he spat out and stormed away from there as I felt myself vanishing-

Myself fading away into darkness-

And then I remember waking up into yamlok, As the daughter of yamraj.. But other than that, I became the ghost who haunts hell. People who worshipped me ridiculed me. I hated life. Dad was fond of you- he loved you, even though you never met. I was always jealous.

He loved me but I was never satisfied. Then one day I met shakuni while touring on earth. The king of gandhar. We struck a deal. I would kill you and then he would get me recognition I wanted. I was power hungry. In fact I am. 

I came to you with wrong intentions and did not let you suicide. In fact I was the one who made entry for all the attackers so they could attack on your brothers. It was plot. By me and shukni. But then, I realised. 

Why share the glory for what I did with him. So I saved you. I wanted to kill you with my own traps and not his.

I did not play any games on your life till I earned your trust.

Recently, about last month. I poisoned your food. I wanted to kill you. I blamed the chef and got him fired cause he knew my truth.

Before that, I was the one who asked the person to let a snake into your room when you were asleep. I am proud of my plot. No one could point fingers at me.

Now, none of my plots worked."

Yudhi stared at her, numb with fear. There was no way he could defeat her in a duel. Even arjun would have a hard time dueling her. He placed his trust in the wrong person. He was ready to die. The sense of betrayal filled him. Worst part about betrayal was that it never came from enemies.

"Traitor.." he whispered as he remembered dueling a woman is wrong as he tried to get away.

"You can't get away-" she said.

"Of course, I can." He interrupted her looking at her for the last time as he went to the balcony..

~~~

Dhriti's backstoryyyyyyyyyyy, was it up to your expactations?

Was her story stupid??

Did anyone guess this twist?

she is worse than shakuni. Hah, how you like this twist..

 Dhriti is a traitor.  I honestly loved their bonding and did not want to end it but I had to so  that the story can continue...

Did you like it?

Was it boring?

Vote and comment