Elysian

An update after 15 days! I said I won't update if you guys don't reach the target. 

If you guys don't reach it this time, I will not update the book at all.

target-

25 votes

100 comments

It is not that hard, so reach it asap.

I smile while reading your comments because they help me know what you guys want to read further and like every comment is so different, it just makes my day! So please comment also.

~~~~~~~~

'Everything elysian is ephemeral'

~~~~~~~~~

"Khandavprasth will be ruled by Karn." Dhriti's voice echoed in the room making yudhishthira smile and karn frown.

"No! I don't want to-" karn started ut dhriti put a finger on her lip.

"I am not done yet." She said softly, her gorgeous look somehow satisfying karn, enough to trust her instinct.

~~~~~~'

"What about Mathura? Bhratashree you can't forget them, what about our plans of rajsuya for it? What about everything?" dhriti exclaimed looking yudhishthira in the eye.

"Recently after you gave me the kingdom, you never looked back. I had hurt you, not them, we had so many plans. You need to take back your kingdom, that is the right way." she continued glaring at yudhishthira as everyone stared at him, he had never mentioned a word about it.

Of all they knew about him, he was a responsible king and caring for subjects, so this was news to them.

"Are you a king worthy of great glory, or a pretender clamouring for attention at the edge of the world?" she bombarded him with the question shaking his root foundation, no one had ever questioned him before like this, his morals, his ideals.

"Dhriti!" bheem thundered grabbing his mace as he stood up but was held down by yudhishthira.

"How dare you question our brother?" Arjun gritted his teeth.

"Because, I don't follow him blindly, being his sister I have every right to question his decisions." She said firm in her place.

Nakul swiftly got up and glared at her as he and Dhriti engaged in a staring contest.

"Nakul sit down." Yudhishthira finally said making everyone look at him again.

"She is right, I neglected my duties, I have some explaining to do to her." He said as his brother's eyes widened in shock.

"But no one can question you like-" Sahadev started but stopped when yudhishthira raised his hand indicating pin drop silence.

"The sovereign is a ship, his people water.

Water keeps the ship afloat;

water can capsize it as well.

Subjects sustain their sovereign;

subjects also overthrow him." Yudhishthira said cryptically but he was far from done.

With a sharp intake of breath he continued-

"I would say sorry but "Sorry" we all say "Sorry" for the wrong things we say and do. But do we always think about the people we love dearly who we say hurtful things to? I don't think so because if we had think about it sorry wouldn't have become such a popular word today. Sometimes we say so much and act immature as adult. We didn't take the time to realize how much hurt and pain we put that individual in we never took the time to think of the reaction, the feelings and the consequence that we might have to face if what we do turns out to be a matter of life and death.