Chapter 12

I woke up by a ring and a shake.

"Wake up your going to be late for shol thing...." I heard him try to say.

I open my eyes and he shake me.

"Shol... at 8 ' o'clock!" He said.

"It's pronounce school." I said.

He look at me and I got his snake tail off from the bed and grab me and drag me to the bathroom. I stand on my own two feet and start to get ready.

I finish and I look around and saw my clothes on the floor. I changed quickly and got out and ran I trip over his tail and rolled on the floor.

"Adam!" I yelled.

"Sorry.." he whisper.

I heard a hiss and he look at me. I ran downstairs almost trip and got grabbed by his tail.

"Be careful! " he hiss a bit angry.

I nod and ran off. I close the door and ram to school.

Adam's P.O.V

As I saw her leave I look around and sigh. I slither off and heard a noise. I look upstairs and decide to investigate. I saw the door that said keep out. I look at it and remember. Sydney dosn't want anyone there since.... something? I sigh and grab the doorknob I try to open it but it was lock. I sigh and start thinking of a way, how to open it. I look at the doorknob and saw a bit of a room. A mess of papers, a table on the other side with papers a strange picture in the table but broken.

"Where are the keys?" I look around.

Maybe Sydney knows so I can search threw her stuff. I smile and slither to her room I look around and mess up the place. Where would a female teen hide a key. I start thinking and open the closet and used my tail to give me a small push up and I saw an old box. I grab it and put it on the floor gently. So dusty, seems it hasn't been touch in years.

I saw a strange writen signs but it was a blurr. I blew the old dusty box and the dust flew off and I look at what it said.

-Old Memories-

I open it and saw alot of pictures. I feel terrible looking threw her stuff... But I just want to find the key. Something caught my eyes. I lift up a picture and clean it with the palm of my hand. I saw a child in the middle with a father on the left and the mother on the right.

I look at the father. I seen him before.... I try thinking who it was. I seen him but where? I turned it over and it was words.

Sydney we will always love you no matter what, your the best daughter we could ever have.
-Sign Mom and Dad

I look at the picture again and my eyes widened at the girl. This is sydney?! A small 5 year old being kissed by the mother and father while she smiles. I wonder what happen?

I look down and saw a note. The picture of the man on a jungle?

-Dear Sydney: Love your dad

It's been a few month's since I haven't seen you. I always have a picture of you and your mother with me at all times. We keep on trying to find the myth if it's real. Me and my partner Winter have been trying to find it for so long. We have researchers with us and dogs. We have tried day and night none stop. I wish you where here along with your mom. To give you my famous bear hugs. I fear not seeing you someday. Aperently we have found a strange cave. Inside it is like another world you have never seen so much grass strange temples or what used to be houses. Very strange I pick up something from there and want you to have it. Don't give it to anyone. Keep it close with you at all times. I send it so your mother can make it something special.

Love. Father.

I put it back and felt a bit of guilty. I stop looking threw her stuff and saw a strange necklace with a green light emerald. It had strange markings on it. I lift it up gently and the strange metal holding it was in the form of what look like a snake but it was broken as if it was missing a part. My eyes widened and I put it down quickly and back away. I look at it picking it up and touching what should be inserted. It seems like it united with another snake and made a form. But what? Could her father have the other side?

What is all this I don't understand. I look at the clock and time pass really fast. My eyes widened. She could be on her way back! I put the necklace where it belong along with the picture and notes. I close the box and lift myself up a bit and put it in its place. I close the closet. I heard the door open and I slither to fix the messy bed and heard her door open.

"What are you doing?" She ask super tired.

"Fixing your mess." I smile.

I finished and slither off. She yawn and collapse on the bed. I watch over her as she slept then I yawn and curl up into a warm snake ball and sleep.