Chapter 10

Syndey's P.O.V

I woke up getting early for school. Man i'm tired. Adam was asleep on the floor and with his tail covering him up. I got off the bed and notice my clock was broken. My eyes widened and I ran downstairs and saw the it was 8 ' o'clock. I'm late! I ran, got my clouths out put them on quickly made my lunch and ran outside putting on my shoe. I almost trip and I left to school. I came late.... Great this is just great. Maybe it was Adam who broke my alarm clock.

"Well if it isn't freak Sydney." I heard.

I look down trying to ignore and jasmine pinch me. I held the small pain and sigh. Another horrible day with this girl. I really hope she goes away.

"Please leave me alone." I whisper.

"What's that?! I can't hear useless girls like you." She says.

Sometimes I want to smack her. But I won't if I do everyone will say stuff... I look down.

*Adam's P.O.V*

I heard something ring I look at my stomach. It was ringing I open my mouth and took out an alarm clock. I eat it when Sydney left to the so call school. I yawn hungry and was about to eat it. It marked a number. It said 9 ' o'clock. I look down a bit sad cause she left. I look at a mess, how long have I been asleep? I slither to it and felt my snake tail hurt. I slither to the bed and fix it. I fix the mess all around the room and slither off to eat something.

I open the fridge and saw alot of food. I sigh and my stomach growl. What if... I can go out and swallow a live prey. I look at the backyard and saw a small chicken. I smile and slither out and open the backyard door and quickly bit it and grab it and dragged it to the kitchen. I swallow it and smiled.

"Satisfying." I whisper.

I heard a nock on the door and my eyes widened and I back away. What do I do?! I check that everything was lock and slither to her room. I curl up into a ball and sigh I yawn tired and fell asleep. I heard something and it woke me up. Huh? I notice I had human feet I walk to the window hearing cries and sobs, I look who it was. I saw Sydney with small bruises crying in pain .

She was crying while being chased by a few girls. Hey I recognize one named Jasmine. I made a fist and a few girls where throwing Sydney rocks and pebbles. I run out and notice the door was lock.

"Leave me alone please!" Sydney says.

I made a fist and hit the lock again and again. I made hissing sounds and I heard hits. I turn on the handel and took out the lock. I open the door imidiatly and heard the girls gone but I couldn't find Sydney. I move my feet and walk to find her. I heard cries and sobs and I walk around.

"Sydney please." I call.

I heard the sobs stop and I look at a bush with thorns. My eyes widened as the scent of blood when't to my nose. I moved it gently and my eyes widened. Sydney was stabbed by thorns all over her body while she covers her face. I look at her and grab her and I got stab by alot of thorns I kept my eyes closed and pushed the thorns away and pick her up gently and pushed her out.

She got more cuts and she cried. I put her down and she flinch every time she walk. Her lips had bruises her left eye had a bruise and she kept it close.

"What happened? " I ask a bit worried.

"...I yell at Jasmine and she slap me and I slap her back and then... when class ended she chased me down along with the other girls." She said.

I walk back to the house and close the door. I look at her hands with thorns and decided to pull them out. I finished and look at her.

"What do you do to treat them?" I ask.

"For the bruises I grab ice and put it on my bruise" she says.

I ran to the kitchen open the cold section of the fridge. I saw ice and a strange frozen bag and ran to her and she put it on her left eye and she look at me.

"If they do it again just call for help. "I say.

"I try but... they... don't come to help." She says.

"I promise I will help." I hug her.

She cried on my chest and I calm her down. I walk to the room and took out a special object I had ever since I left the lab. I hid it under the mat and walk to her. I look at her. I gave her a naga whistle it had a snake design on the top where you blow the air. It had strange holes that made the noise. The higher you go the better it sounds for a naga. Now the bottom had the end of the snake tail. On the snake eyes there is a small jewl.

"This is for you.... it's a special whistle that warns me that your not okay." I say.

She grab it and held it.

"Promise me." I say.

"Okay.. but on emergency. " she said.

"Like if that Jasmine girl... bugs you." I say.

She hug me tightly and I pat her head.

She yawn and walk to the room. I heard the water run and it was the shower. I sigh streaching and look at the human feet. Hm... how can I control these... I heard the lights go off and I yawn and decided to go to sleep.