Chapter Twenty-One

Fox's POV:

"Are you okay?" Megan got out off her stance to look at me. I stood up, stretching my arms. I shook my head.

I sighed. "I don't know." I looked back at the house. "Something feels off." Megan walked to me.

"It's probably just Jade and Jake." She nudged me. "You know how they are." I laughed and shrugged the feeling away.

"Actually," a voice said from behind. "I don't know how they are. Care to explain?" Pierce was standing behind us with his arms crossed. His eyes were swirling with black. He looked upset, maybe jealous and I think we're about to see his wolf.

Can't we just have one peaceful day?

"I don't know what you're talking about." Megan crossed her arms. "But I do think you should calm down."

I grabbed Megan's arm. I think she's forgotten Pierce's an Alpha. I don't feel like bowing into submission right now. "Watch yourself," I warned.

She yanked her arm out of my grip. "I'm not scared of him." Her eyes flashed in warning. She was getting ready to fight him. I looked between Pierce and Megan. If I knocked out Pierce, Jade would be mad. On the other hand, she would laugh if I knocked her out.

"Megan?" Her gaze with Pierce broke. "I'm sorry."

"For-" I balled my fist up and punched her, knocking her out cold.

"For that," I said and watched as numbers started filling up into my head, showing a little timer that was counting down. She would be up in an hour.

I glanced up at Pierce to see him looking at me in surprise. "I do what's best for Jade." I shrugged. "Remember that."

Pierce's eyes narrowed at me. "Is that a threat?"

I shook my head. "A warning." I bent down and picked up Megan. I threw her over my shoulder and headed back to the house. I stopped and looked over my shoulder. "You got this, right?" I glanced over at the two packs that had looked at us.

He nodded and went to regroup everyone.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Jade's POV:

"Have you talked to him yet?" Jake walked into the room, throwing on his shirt. I sighed and looked around the room.

"No," I plopped down on the bed. "Megan and Fox thought I should speak to you first." Jake gave me a look, telling me to look away. I looked down, realizing he was still wearing the towel around his waist. I could feel the warmth flood to my cheeks. "Sorry," I muttered.

It was silent when I felt the bed dip beside me. "You can look now." Jake's hand was under my chin, making me meet his gaze. I watched as his blue eyes swirled with black. I could get lost in there, but I won't. His gaze slipped to my lips and I watched as his lips formed into a smirk.

"I want to kiss you." My eyes widened as I stared at him. Did he really just say that? What is wrong with him? "But I won't." I raised an eyebrow. "Unless you beg me too."

"Well that won't be happening anytime soon." I grabbed his hand. "Are you okay?" I looked into eyes, but something didn't seem right. It looked like I was talking with Jakobs. I took a deep breath before I asked my next question.

"Jakobs?" A smirk danced across his lips.

"Hello, Jadelyn." He said before crashing his lips onto mine, making my insides burn.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Fox's POV:

I dragged Megan's body into the house. I went into the living room and tossed her on the couch, placing a blanket on top of her. I sighed, she's probably going to be mad when she wakes back up. She's not a big fan of getting punched in the face. I headed towards Jade's room.

I peeked my head inside. "Jade," I called. I sighed, she wasn't in here. Maybe Jake knows where she is. Those two have been acting really weird lately.

I opened the door. "Jake, do you-" My voice trailed off as I looked at what was in front of me.  Jade was standing up while Jake sat on his bed with a smirk on his face.

"Oh, Jade," I stepped in the room. "I was just looking for you." I looked down at my hands. "I sort of, kind of, maybe knocked out Megan, but I had a good reason too." Jade turned to me and nodded.

"It's fine," She said. "She'll be fine, right?"

I nodded and looked at her. Her face seemed flushed and her hair was so messy for her. I looked at her closely. Even her lips were swollen. My eyes widened as I backed out the room.

"So I'll leave you guys to it." I nodded. "Oh and the packs are training." I added before I closed the door, not letting Jade speak.  Now talk about weird.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Jade's POV:

I waited for the door closed, before I looked at him. "What is wrong with you Jakobs?" I glared at him. "You can't just kiss me."

Jakobs stretched out on the bed. "I don' see why not." He smirked at me. "From what I could tell, you kissed me back."

I rolled my eyes. "That's only because you didn't let go of me."

"You're a werewolf." He huffed. "Get over it." My eyes flashed in anger. I'm not in the mood today. He caught my gaze and sat up, grabbing my arm to pull me towards him. "I'm sorry I kissed you."

I nodded. "Let's go train, Jakobs." I turned to see Pierce standing by the door, glaring at me with Fox standing next to him.

"He was looking for you," She said quickly before leaving. Pierce started to shake as his eyes started to swirl with black. He was fighting his wolf for control. I glanced at Jakobs who shrugged and went to sit back on the bed.

"Pierce, do you want to go outside and watch our pack?" I suggested, hoping that it would take his mind from trying to rip Jakobs apart. I walked towards him and touched his shoulder. Little sparks started to shoot up through my hand. I closed my eyes and placed both hands on his shoulders, feeling the sparks flow through my hand.

I  could feel his hand go up under my chin, trying to make me to meet his gaze. "I didn't kiss him," I said with my eyes still closed. I wished we were outside.  I know Jakobs probably feels awkward watching us.

"I know." I could feel his cool breath fan my face. "Look at me." I could feel him looking at me. I opened my eyes to see him looking at me with an expression I couldn't quite put my finger on, but it was one that made my insides melt. I looked away only to realize we were outside on the porch. I smiled. My powers were growing.

———————————

Sorry for the wait. Hoped you enjoyed. Excuse the grammar problems, I'll edit more, later.