Chapter 11

Jade's POV:

"Luna?" I called interrupting the two. She looked at me, gesturing for me to continue. "I was wondering if I could speak to you." I say then added,"Alone." Luna nodded and gave Jake a look. He sighed and stood up, walking into the forests. I could hear him beginning to shift.

"What troubles you dear?" Luna leaned forward, casting a smile on her face. Her bright amber eyes glowed with curiosity as she stared. I leaned back from her gaze.

"I found my mate today." Luna's face went rigid as she stared at me.

"Pierce?" She whispered.

I nodded. Luna looked at me before her face cracked into a smile. "Well that's wonderful, Jadelyn!" She laughed a little. I stared at her confused.

"But you told me that I needed to take care of Jake-

"I've never said you couldn't have a mate." She cut me off. "But mate or not, you still need to take care of Jake. You need him by my side."

My eyes snapped to hers, growling lowly. "What I need is my mate." I could feel my eyes darken in anger. I closed them, taking a deep breath before I opened them.

"I do not want to end up on bad terms, Jadelyn." Luna said. "After all, we are family and we don't turn our backs on each other."

I nodded and looked away. "Why do I need Jake?" I whispered. "I can't have him the way I want because things are different." I paused. "I have a mate. And I can't take care of Jake when they both hate each other."

Luna let out a small sigh. "I'm going to tell you something that I'm not supposed to." She said. "The oracles would go ballistic if they knew what I was telling you." She muttered.

She grabbed both of my hands, yanking me forward until I was under her intense gaze. She took a deep breath in, probably trying to relax herself.

"Jadelyn," She paused. "There will come a time when you have to choose between them to save their lives." She held up her hand as I opened my mouth to interrupt. "Before you ask, no I can't tell you the whole entire situation. You just have to remember one thing."

I stared at her. "And what's that?"

"Choose the guy that doesn't hold your heart in his hands." Luna smiled as her eyes change to light blue for a second then flashed back to a bright amber color.

"What-

A loud scream had cut me off. I shared a look with Luna as we stood up to find the noise. Jake had still been in his wolf form as he stared at something in the water. It swam fast, but finally popped its head out the water. It was a water nymph, one of Luna's friend.

"Hey Nerina," I say. I placed my hand on Jake's soft fur and felt him lean into me. I looked behind my shoulders to see Luna staring at us with a weird expression. Something that I couldn't make out.

"This is Jake," I say as I turned to see Nerina, placing her elbows on the grass.

Her skin was a light green color with some gills on her body, but not in a ugly way. More like a beautiful, yet glowing way. Her hair was brown with red highlights in them. Wrapped around her neck was a red amulet that helped her walk on land and look human, but sometimes her glowing green eyes gave it away.

"Hello, Jade." Her eyes flickered to Jake. "H-He's not going to e-eat m-me is he?"

I frowned at her. "He's a werewolf, Nerina."

Her eyes widened in surprised, her fear quickly vanishing. She looked at Jake. "Well it's nice to meet you Jake," she paused. "And your wolf."

Jake let out a small sound in agreement. I turned back to Nerina, bending down until we were at eye level.

"Do you need help getting out?" I asked gesturing to the water.

She nodded and held out her hands. I grabbed them as she yanked off her amulet. Her green skin was replaced with a light pale color and her gills had disappeared. Small pieces of clothing that could pass for a bikini hid her body. I pulled her up gently until she was balanced on both her feet.

"Thanks," she said a little breathless. Taking off her amulet took some energy away from her so she doesn't transform as often. She ringed out her hair into the water, before she turned to look at me.

"So I've heard you found your mate." She spoke with a slight grin on her face. A small blush crept onto my face as I looked away, avoiding her gaze.

"How'd you know?" I lifted my eyes back up to hers.

Nerina smirked. "That's what everyone has been talking about since this morning." Nerina turned and looked around me. "Is he here?"

I shook my head, looking at her with confusion. "It's against the rules."

Nerina eyebrows furrowed. "No, it's not," She said. "You can bring your mate here. It's not against the rules." Nerina cast a glance to Luna.

"Pierce is not allowed here... unless," she paused. I groaned inwardly. I've always hated it when she'd use the word unless. "You tell him about the Power of Three."