Chapter Eight

Jade's POV:

The fear that was in Jake's eyes had quickly vanished and was replaced with anger. I didn't mean to threaten him, but it was the only way to be sure they wouldn't kill each other. Jake stepped away from Pierce and walked away.

"Jake" I started walking towards him, but Fox grabbed me.

She shook her head at me. "He needs to cool down." I sighed.

"You're probably right," I say. "Let's just go inside."

We walked inside and took a seat on the couch. It was silent at first. Not the comfortable silence either. It was the most uncomfortable silence ever and it didn't help that Pierce and Mason were staring at me. I looked at Mason and gave him a look.

"So," he started. "You guys are cousins?" Really? That's the best you could come up with. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah," I nodded. "All three of us were really close." I looked at Fox, who leaned into me.

"What happened?," Pierce asked. "It seems like you guys hate Megan."

I tensed and Fox did too. "We don't hate her," I say. "We're just disappointed in her. Besides, it's against the rules to hate a cousin." The words slipped out of my mouth before I could stopped them. Fox pulled away from me and gave me a look. Stupid mate pull, making me tell him things that he shouldn't know or need to know.

"Against the rules?" Pierce looked at me then at Fox. "What rules?"

I stood up and looked at the clock. Megan had probably woke up by now. "I'm gonna check on Megan," I say before rushing upstairs.

I heard a "Me too," come from Fox. She was right behind me. We stopped at Megan's room. Fox grabbed my arm, making me look at her.

"Why would you say that?" She looked a little angry. Well maybe little was an understatement.

"I don't know. It just slipped out," I say. "I think it had something to do with the  mate bond."

Fox shook her head at me and opened the door. Megan was stirring in the bed. I walked inside and stood by her bed. She looked innocent, but we knew she was far from that.

"You  need to watch what you say," she said, staring down at Megan. "They don't need to know anything about the Power of Three."

Megan sat up abruptly, rubbing her eyes. She peaked her eyes open and looked at us. "Who knows about the Power of Three?" She looked at Fox, who looked at me.

"She almost told Mason and Pierce." Fox crossed her arms.

"It was an accident," I say. "I know what happens if I tell him and I won't put him through that pain or torture."

Megan shrugged. "What's the worst that could happen?," she asked.

I growled. "He could reject me as his mate."

"And if he does that, the whole pack could fall apart." Fox spoke while looking at me with sad eyes. My eyes began to turn a darker shade as I struggled to control my wolf. Fox and Megan both put their hands on my arm, causing me to relax instantly. They let go once I stopped fidgeting.

"What are you gonna do?" Megan stretched out her arms, letting out a small yawn.

"I think," I sighed. "I'm going to talk to Luna."

Fox gasped. "You can't. Last time you did that, you didn't come back until three weeks later!" Fox walked towards me. She grabbed my arms. "You can't go speak to her. Not now."

I scratched my forehead. "Why not?" I shrugged. "Pierce, Mason, and Jake are here. All of them can watch the pack."

"You forgot one thing," Megan cleared her throat.

I turned towards her. "What's that?"

"Pierce and Jake hate each other," she said. "They definitely can't last three weeks without killing each other let alone run the pack at the same time."

I sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed. "Maybe I can take Pierce with me."

Megan shot out the bed. "Are you mad?!," she yelled. "You can't do that. It's against the rules. The only one you can take besides us is Jake."

"But, Pierce will be mad if he found out we were leaving for a couple of weeks together," I said. "He wouldn't let me leave with him," I sighed. "We need to figure out something else."

Megan squealed. "I got it!" She jumped up and down. She turned to me. "You take Jake to see Luna. Fox and I will tell Pierce you left on a very important mission dealing with rogues. During the time, Fox can project a fake version of Jake sitting in the living room, so Pierce won't ask about him," she said. "The only thing Fox and I have to do is make sure he doesn't touch Jake or the projection will disappear."

I smiled and high-fived her. "That's a pretty good plan."

"You need to be back in a couple of hours," Fox said. "Probably eight. That's the maximum time you can have before Pierce thinks you're dead," she sighs. "I definitely won't explain that one."

I nodded. "I'll go tell Jake the plan. We'll probably head out in a few so be ready." They both nodded as I left Megan's room. I walked towards my room, but sighed when I didn't see Jake there. I walked to the next door and opened the door. Jake sat on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Someone dead?" He called without looking at me.

I shook my head. "No, I wanted to-

He cut me off. "Someone hurt?"

"No, I wanted to tell you-

He cut me off again. "Karol had her baby?" He asked, still not looking at me.

A smile crossed my lips as I shook my head. "No, she's still preggers."

He nodded. "So what do you want?"

I walked towards his bed. I sat down on it and look down at him. He refused to meet my gaze. I let out a sigh as I laid down next to him.

"I'm sorry," I apologized. "I didn't mean what I said."

"I know," he said. "It just slips out." A small smile came across his face.

"I'm going to see Luna," I say bluntly. The smile came off his face quick.

"You can't," he started. "You were gone for three weeks last time."

Jake turned to look at me. I looked into his sad blue eyes. "I know," I said. "That's why I want you to come with me."

A grin crossed his features. "Really?"

I nod. "Yeah, but we only have eight hours before Pierce realizes I'm gone."

He sat up. "Won't he realize I'm gone too?"

I smirked. "We already go that cover."