Chapter 19

Jade's POV:

I fought.

But I couldn't break free. My mind was somewhere else. There was something wrong with Jake, Megan, and Fox. I couldn't focus and it hurt me to think of something horrible happening to them. I hope Pierce and Zeke are there to help.

My breathing was slowing down. My vision was starting to blur as I tried to push my dad away, but his grip kept getting stronger. I looked at him and stopped struggling. I could feel his grip loosened. We stared at each other. Tears were threatening fall from eyes.

"Why?" I croaked. He gave me a small smile.

"Forgive me," he said. A tear fell down my cheek as I closed them for the last time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still Jade's POV:

Beep. What is that noise?

Beep. Beep. Why can't I move? My hands felt like they were handcuffed to something. I couldn't move my body or open my mouth. I wonder-

Beep. Beep. Beep. What the hell is that noise!?

"When do you think she's going to wake up?" A voice that sounded like Luna asked.

"I don't know," another voice said. It sounded like my dad's. If I could move right now, I would slap him.

"If she doesn't wake up, I'm going to kill you," a voice threatened. It sounded like Pierce. I smiled or at least did something that could count as smiling at the sound of his voice. There was a pause and silence filled the air.

"Um," a voice that belonged to Megan started. "What is she doing with her face?"

"She looks like she's choking," a voice that was Fox said. "Should I get her some water?"

I sighed and tried to stop making that face. There was a pause and someone started laughing. I'm not sure who laughed, but whoever did made everyone else too. As the laughter died down, I could feel someone move closer to me. I had a feeling it was Pierce and he grabbed my hand.

The beeping from earlier started picking up. I could start to feel the feeling in feet, then it spread through my legs, and up my body. Soon, my whole body was waking up from what could've been a mini coma. But, there was still something wrong.

I couldn't speak. And I can't open my eyes.

"Come back to me," a voice pleaded in my mind. I gasped and opened my eyes. That was when I woke up. There was still one more problem.

There was no one here.

It was like I imagined them there. But that voice in my head sounded so real. I couldn't have imagined it. Something's wrong with this picture. I was in a bright white room. It looked like a hospital room, but it just felt wrong.

I tried to move my arms, but one was hooked up to something. I looked down and pulled the IV needle out with my free hand. I pushed myself up from the pillows and looked around.

Where am I? I groaned and stood up. I sighed and headed towards the door. I peaked my head out and looked down the hallway. There were rows of rooms wih a different name on each door. I turned my head to see my name on the door. What the-

"It seems you have awoken," My head snapped to see a woman with long black hair and tan complexion standing there in a nurse outfit. Normally that would be normal, except she had wings on her back.

"Uh," I paused. "Hi."

"Hello," she stepped forward. "My name's Carissa." She held out her hand.

I shook it. "I'm Jadelyn."

She let go of my hand and straightened out her white skirt. Oh, I know who you are." She shrugged.

My eyes narrowed at her. "Well we're supposed to know everyone who comes here." She pointed at the door that had my name on it.

"Well, where is here?"

"Here is neither a place or a planet." She smiled. "This is all in your head."

I made a confused face, before it sunk into realization. "This is the In-Between Realm." I groaned in annoyance. So my dad really did try to kill me. Great.

"Technically, we're at the In-Between Hospital." She turned to walk away. "Follow me."

"So I guessing from the looks of it," I paused. "You're an angel." She glance at me and smiled. She seemed to be doing that a lot.

"Yes," she says. "I was told that I will be fighting by your side to get the Shadows in check." She made a face of disgust as she spoke of th Shadows.

"You hate the Shadows?" I glanced at her.

She laughed. "I can't hate a person or thing, but I do strongly dislike them."

I nodded. "So how long will I be staying here?"

She stopped walking and turned to look at me. "You can leave when you door appears to take you back to Earth," she pauses. "or Heaven. Your choice."

"Earth," I say. "I have a battle to win."

She smiled. "I was hoping you'd say that." There was a pause.

"Can I ask you something?" I nodded. I watched as her smile went away and she turned serious. "Who's you mate?"

I looked down. "I'm not so sure anymore. I thought it was Pierce because that's what my wolf and my heart say. But then there's the other side of me and my mind that's pushing me to Jake. And... I just don't know."

She put her hand on my shoulder. "Time will tell." Her eyes began to glow a bright color and so did the area around us. The other doors began to disappear until there was one left. It had my name on it. I walked towards it and looked back at her.

"The door will take you to the people that you heard in your head while you were sleeping." I smiled at the thought of seeing them again. And I'm glad I didn't imagine them. I turned towards the door and grab the doorknob, but paused.

I turned back around. "Thanks.." but trailed off. She wasn't there anymore. In fact, the only thing here was me and the door. Everything else was a bright light. I sighed and opened the door.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: PLEASE READ

Okay. I normally don't do this with my books.

But lately I've been getting messages to help people increase their amount of readers. So if you want my help, just send me a message and I'll dedicate a chapter to you. There's no guarantee that'll the number of reads and votes will increase.

It's up to YOU GUYS to check out the person I dedicate my chapters to and take a look at their books.        

Until my next update,

shelly314