Chapter Thirteen

Jade's POV:

I watched as Nerina hugged Jake and whispered in his ear. It was to low for me to hear. I gave Jake a look, but he shook his head at me. I sighed and walked to Luna. She smiled brightly at me, her eyes showing a weird emotion.

"You don't have to leave." She looked at me.

I rolled my eyes at her. "I kind of have to," I sighed. "He doesn't know I'm here."

Luna sighed and pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back as she whispered in my ear. "This will always be your home, no matter what anyone says." She pulled away, placing a kiss on my cheek.

"I know." I whispered and looked at Jake, who was speaking to Nerina. Their conversation seemed to be muted? That's strange. 

"Don't worry so much," Luna gave me a knowing look. "Everything will work out in the end if you listen to me," she said. "If you don't, they both could die," she warned. My wolf howled in pain at the very thought.

Before I could question her, she waved her hand in the air, silencing me. I watched as her eyes started to glow and a bright light flashed in front of us. I could hear Jake groan at the sudden brightness. The light dulled down as a small door took its place. It was Luna's door. The one she'd always send to get us to and from home. I smiled and walked to the door. Jake walked to me.

"You ready?" He asked. I nodded and turned to look at Luna and Nerina, who'd disappeared.

The wind began to blow and the forest began to lose its color. The gazebo and waterfall were disappearing and being replaced with tall trees. It had started to change back into the Shadowlands. I turned to the door and yanked it open, quickly stepping through. Jake came in behind and slam the door shut.

I took a deep breath in and looked at where we were standing. We were no longer in the forests. This time we were in the tunnels. I looked back and forth before looking at Jake.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah," he breathed out. "I'm fine." I nodded and walked towards the ladder. As soon as I griped one bar, Jake grabbed my arm.

"Why don't we just teleport back inside?" He looked at me.

"Because we don't know where they are in the house." I turned away from him and began climbing up.

I pushed the door up and peeked inside. I could hear faint voices coming from the kitchen. I quickly pulled myself up and walked into the living room. The Projection Jake and Fox were sitting on the couch. Her eyes snapped up to mine and sighed in relief. She made the projection disappear and I motioned for Jake to come inside. He walked in and placed our bags on the floor.

I snapped my fingers and watched as it vanished from my sight. I turned back to Fox. "How long were we gone?"

"Seven hours and thirty minutes," she looked down at her watch. "I don't think you should do that again."

I rolled my eyes. "Nothing bad happened."

"Nothing bad happened?" she scoffed. "You almost got trapped in the Shadowlands with the crazy..." her voice trailed off as she stared at something behind us.

I turned to see Pierce and Mason standing behind us. My eyes snapped to Pierce's. They were swirling with mixed emotions. Anger? Happiness? Confusion? I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Where were you?" Pierce crossed his arms across his chest.

"I told you," I sighed. "I went to talk to some rogues." My gaze fell on Mason, hoping he didn't say anything.

"Well that's not what I heard." Pierce let out a low growl. I shivered and let out a small sigh.

"Well what did you hear?" I sounded breathless.

"Who was this friend you went to see?" He narrowed his eyes at me. My body tensed up immediately as I looked at Fox then at Mason, avoiding Pierce's gaze.

"She went to see a dying friend." I heard Megan say. I looked behind Mason to see Megan coming towards us. She moved to stand beside me, pushing Pierce and Mason to the side. "Nerina was lying on her deathbed and Jade went to see her. Only Fox, Jake, and I knew about Nerina because she's basically family. She didn't want the pack to know, so we kept it a secret," she lied smoothly.

Fox walked towards us, standing on my other side, shoving Jake to the side. I looked down at her to see her eyes begin to water. "She didn't want any one to know," she sniffled. "It was her wish last before...," she trailed off.

I shook my head at her. Fox elbowed me in the stomach and kept fake sobbing. I rolled my eyes and walked past Pierce and Mason. I headed up to my room. I swung it open and jumped into my bed, kicking off my boots. I let out a long sigh ad relaxed into my bed. Now this, is what I needed. I closed my eyes and let sleep pull me under.