Chapter 18

Jade's POV:

"Why would you do that?" I asked confused. He rolled his eyes and looked away.

"That doesn't matter right now."

"That doesn't matter right now?" I repeat to myself. Anger began to boil within me. I stood up and moved in front of him. "You put my best friend's mate in the Shadowlands and you're telling me it doesn't matter!" I yelled. "Well newsflash Dad! It does matter!"

He looked up at me and smiled. That only made me angrier. "Why are you smiling?"

"I'm happy." He smiled again. I made a face. "You called me dad. That's why I'm smiling."

My eyes widened slightly and I looked away. "Oh."

I could hear him start to get up. "She's the one who's forcing shadows to retaliate."

I turned to look at him with accusing eyes. "So this is your fault. You're the reason why we have to make alliances with hunters," I spat with disgust.

He held his hands up. "Wait," he said. "This is not my fault. She's the one who convinced me to put her in the Shadowlands." He began to mumble about how he should stop listening to her.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Who are you talking about?"

His eyes snapped up to mine. "Your mother of course."

Another surge of anger welled up inside me. I can't believe her! I needed to hit something- anything. She keeps lying straight to my face. I could feel the anger boil under my skin. My eyes began to glow and I watched as my father backed slowly away from me. A bright light flashed my eyes and I closed them.

"Finally," he whispered. I peaked my eyes open and saw him staring at something behind me. I turned to see a glowing door, similar to Luna's except my name was on it. I summoned a door? Oh my God. I summoned a door. As realization hit me, a searing pain went through me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jake's POV:

"Do you feel that?" Megan asked. She looked at Fox who just shrugged.

"It's probably just Jade." Fox took a sip from her mug. "Nothing to worry about."

"If you say so.." Megan trailed off, scratching her arm. It started to turn a light red. I reached up and grabbed her arm.

"You okay?" I asked her, looking at her arm. I glanced up at her. "Is is Jade?"

Fox shook her head. "If Jade was in pain, we would-

A loud gasp escaped Megan. Her skin started glow a bright red as her eyes began to flash colors. She snatched her arm out my grasp and began to rub it. I reached for her, but she jerked away and stood up from the couch.

"Don't touch me!" she snapped. I put my hands up in surrender.

"Megan? Are you alright?" Fox stood up and walked slowly towards Megan.

"No!" she yelled. "My skin feels like it's on fire." Megan let out a groan and began to scratch her arm.

Fox walked until she stood in front of her. She held her hand out. "Let me see," she spoke softly.

Megan glanced at her warily. She sighed and motioned for Fox to come closer. As soon as Fox touched Megan, they both let out blood-curling scream. I placed my hands on my ear. My wolf had woken and it was howling and growling for release. My eyes began to shift from blue to black.

"Stop screaming," I growled, feeling my Beta tone surge into it. Their screaming didn't stop. It was almost like they just ignored the command. This was not good. If they don't stop screaming, my wolf is going to take over and I don't know how much longer I could keep Jakobs in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jade's POV:

My body was on fire. It felt like silver was injected into me over and over again, but I knew for sure I wasn't dying. My dad wouldn't just stand over me with a smile plastered over my face if I was. Well I hope not.

I stopped screaming after awhile. I shut my mouth. The only thing that was coming out was little weird croaking noises after my throat had started to burn. My breathing was becoming difficult to manage. It had sounded like ragged breaths.

"Jadelyn?" I could hear my dad's voice. I turned my head, slightly to look at him.

"Hmm?" My throat was too sore to form any words.

I could hear him move closer. I think he was squatting down next to me. I couldn't tell or care what he was doing right now.

"I'm going to do something you won't like." He said. "And you may be angry when you wake up."

Wake up? I'm not closing my eyes anytime soon. I fear I might not open them again even though I know for sure I'm not dying. I tried to make a confused face to get him to explain. He sighed before answering.

"I'm going to kill you." But before I could do anything, I could feel his hand close around my throat.