Chapter 10

Jade's POV:

Before Mason could say anything else, I transported to the surface. I sighed and headed towards the woods, letting out a long whistle that signaled Jake to come down. I heard a large thump and turned to see him laying on his back, groaning. I let out a small laugh and walked towards him. I held out my hand for him and pulled him up.

"Before you say anything." Jake said. "I was pushed out the window by your psychotic cousin."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Which one?"

Jake rolled his eyes. "Megan," he muttered.

I laughed at him. Megan use to love playing pranks on people, but sometimes they were really extreme. It's not like it would matter considering we're werewolves.

I looked up to see the sun beginning to set out in the distance. My feet stopped abruptly tugging on Jake's hand to stop.

"The sun's setting." I told him. He nodded and held out his hand for me. I took it, intertwining our fingers together. A long wooden pathway appeared in front of us. I looked at Jake in confusion. A pathway never appeared when I went to visit Luna. It was always a door never a pathway.

Jake let go of my hand and bent down to pick up something off the pathway. A small note had been taped to it.

"Follow what you see to find me." Jake read the note and turned it over. He held his hand out for me to take and we followed the path.

"Maybe this is a trick," I spoke after awhile. "Luna wouldn't give us a pathway. She'd give us a door like the other times." I sighed. "We should just turn around-

My eyes widened at the sight in front of me. The pathway behind us was slowly disappearing with each step we took, while the woods had begun to lose their color. It was like the life was being suck out the woods.

"I think it's a little too late to turn around." Jake's hand tightened around my mine and he began to drag me forward until we could see the end of the pathway.

"Hold on." I brought me feet to a stop. "Why are you walking so fast? What's wrong?"Jake's eyes turned a darker shade than usual. I placed my hand on his shoulder. He looked down at me and pointed behind us.

"That place behind us is called Shadowlands." He turned and grabbed my hand. "So if we step off this pathway, we could be stuck here forever." My eyes widened as I let him drag us to the end of the pathway.

At the end of the pathway was a worn down gazebo. Another note was tape onto the side. I picked it up and stared down at it.

"Step on the sun to have a little fun." I held the note in the air and looked at him. "What does that even mean?"

Jake snatched the note from my hand and looked at it. He read it to himself a couple of times, before his eyes widened in realization. He looked around the gazebo until his eyes landed on something in the middle of the floor.

"Come here." I walked towards him and followed his gaze. A sun symbol was built into the wooden floor. Jake moved me until my feet were stepped on half of the sun. "I think this is the sun that Luna is talking about in the note." Jake stepped onto the other half of the sun.

The gazebo began to shake beneath our feet. I gripped onto Jake, pulling him closer and looked up at him. "We should get out of the gazebo." I say. "What if it collapses on us?"

Jake gripped me by the shoulders. "If we leave the gazebo, we'll be stuck in Shadowlands." He stared at me. "Do you want that to happen, Jadelyn?" His gripped tightened. I shook my head at him. His grip loosened then fell off my shoulders.

The shaking had eventually stopped. I turned to look around, but we were still in the same place. The Shadowlands had surrounded the gazebo so we couldn't leave.

"I thought something else was supposed to happen?" I looked at Jake, who just shrugged.

"Maybe we did-

Jake went quiet and moved away from me. He walked towards the edge of the gazebo and stopped.

"Do you hear that?" Jake casted me a glance behind his shoulders.

"Hear what?" I walked up to Jake. I strained my ears, but I couldn't hear anything out the ordinary. The only thing I could hear was the soft sound of the wind.

"The music." He sighed. "Someone's playing a piano over there." He pointed off in the distance. I squinted a little. A girl was sitting on top of a piano, as the boy played for her. Why did she look so familiar? My eyes widened in realization. I turned to look at Jake, who seemed in awe with the music I couldn't hear.

"Myra!" I shouted. The boy stood up from the piano as Myra got down.

"You see her?" He asked in disbelief. I nodded and pointed in her direction. His eyes widened as he stared. "Myra?" he paused. "Myra!" Jake was about to step off the gazebo, but it started spinning really fast.

I gripped the railing as the speed picked up. The Shadowlands had started to disappear and something else had began to appear. The gazebo was starting to gain back its color. It looked more vibrant and alive. I could see the forest disappearing as waterfalls and a beautiful garden took its place.

I let go of the railing once the spinning stopped. I let out a sigh of relief as I took in the new surroundings. We were finally here, but where was Luna?

"I'm right here, Jadelyn." An angelic voice spoke from outside the gazebo. Luna stood in front of us, glowing a bright white. I smiled and looked at Jake, who seemed angry.

"You put my mate in the Shadowlands." His eyes darkened as he stared at Luna. He turned to look at me. "Did you know she was there?" He narrowed his eyes at me. I slapped him across the face.

"Of course I didn't know." I turned to look at Luna. "I'm sorry he's just a bit angry."

Luna nodded in understandment. "It's fine, dear." She smiled. I stepped out the gazebo and looked around. Jake stepped out the gazebo as he took it all in. Luna smiled at us. "Welcome to Aurora."