Chapter Five

Jade's POV:

"What's the matter with you?" I asked once we were alone. Jake had been acting weird since he found out Pierce was my mate. He kept growling at the other rogues for no reason.

"I just... I never thought you would find your mate." Jake turned to look at me. His bright blue eyes were clouded with a sad expression. I've never seen him so sad. I walked towards him and wrapped my arms around him, pulling him into a tight hug. I sighed into his chest as Jake ran his fingers through my hair.

"Me neither." I looked up at him. His eyes were turning back to their normal color. A knock came from my door. Jake groaned and let go. I walked towards the door and opened it. Fox was standing at my door.

"What can I do for you, Fox?" Fox had a nervous expression. I could hear her heartbeat pick up its pace. It was beating extremely fast. "Are you okay?" Fox nodded and looked around me.

"Maybe I should come back another time." Fox turned to leave, but I grabbed her hand.

"Tell me what's wrong." I released her hand and looked at her.

"Alpha Ash and Mason are here." Fox let out a breath that she had been holding in. My eyes widened in shock.

"Did you let him in?" Fox nodded and her gaze flew to Jake's again.

"He's in the living room." I nodded and thanked her. I closed the door and turned to Jake.

"Are you coming or not?" Jake sighed and I gave him a look. He groaned and nodded. I smiled and opened my door again. We walked towards the front of the house, heading to the living room. Pierce and Mason were sitting on the couch while Zeke was pointing at them with his silver bullet gun. I placed my hand on Zeke's shoulder. He whipped around quick and aimed it at me. He dropped his aim once he realized it was me.

"Sorry, Jadelyn." He only used my full name when he did something wrong.

"It's fine. Why are you pointing your gun at Pierce and Mason?" Zeke looked at me then at them.

"They came without permission. They could've gave away our location to anyone that was following them."

"Was someone following?" Zeke shook his head in response. "Okay well I did tell Mason he was welcomed here anytime." I looked around Zeke and sent a smile to Mason. Pierce growled and crossed his arms. I laughed and turned back to Zeke.

"They're welcomed here. Unless they do something to make us not trust them." Zeke nodded and put away his gun. He left the room and went into the kitchen. I turned to look at Pierce and Mason.

"What are you doing here." I crossed my arms. They gave each other silent looks. Probably speaking through the pack link. I snuck a glance back at Jake, who looked depressed. I walked towards him and gave him a hug. Pierce growled, causing Jake to growl back to him.

"No fighting in my house." I let go of Jake and went to sit down. Jake sat next to me, putting his arm around my shoulders. I sighed and relaxed into his arm.

"Why are you guys here?" Jake said in annoyance. "We were having an important discussion."  Zeke came out the kitchen with a mug and sat down next to me.

"Yeah right. You guys were probably making out in her room." I smacked Zeke on the head. He winced and gave me a look. I glared at him until he turned away.

"No we were not." I shook my head.

"But you wish." Zeke whispered in my ear. A blush crept on my cheeks. I put my hands on them immediately to cover it up.

"You're blushing." Zeke teased. I shoved him gently and Zeke chuckled.

"You know you guys have that sibling relationship." Mason looked between us.  I stiffened and Zeke dropped his mug on the floor. It broke into tiny pieces and the coffee spilled on the floor. I could feel Jake stiffen from under me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as my head was filled with flashbacks of the accident.

"Excuse me." I stood up and went into the kitchen. I made a door appear to block people from coming inside and let out a loud sob.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jake's POV:

Loud sobs began coming from the kitchen. Mason was looking at us with a confused expression while Pierce was trying to get inside the kitchen. God, I hate him so much. They shouldn't be here especially him, but he's her mate. I could still get her. I smirked and relaxed into the couch.

"You shouldn't have said anything." Zeke stared at them as he began picking up the broken pieces. "She's may seem tough, but she's pretty soft when it comes to us." He gestured between me and him.

"I'm lost. Why is she so upset?" Pierce came and sat back down.

"It's complicated." I looked at Pierce. My ears twitched and my gaze flew to the stairs. Someone was coming down. Fox peeked her head down the stairs as she came down. She picked up a gun and pointed it at Mason and Pierce.

"Are we under attack?" She looked at me. Zeke chuckled and I shook my head  She put her gun back in the storage bin and apologized.

"Where's Jade?" She asked.  A loud scream came from the kitchen. I pointed towards there. "Guys, really? You know how she feels about her family."

"It wasn't us." Zeke held up his hands in surrender. "It was them."

Fox turned to looked at them. "Stupid mongrels." Pierce growled at her menacingly while Mason glared at her.

"Fox!" I snapped at her. She turned to look at me. "He's an Alpha and he's a Beta."

"Oh! Stupid powerful mongrels." Fox corrected herself with a wicked smirk on her face. Fox turned to look at Zeke and I. "I'm going to talk to Jade."

"There's a barrier up." Pierce ran his fingers through his hair. Fox scoffed at him and walked to the kitchen. She banged on the barrier a couple of times then stepped through it. Pierce walked to the kitchen, but he couldn't get through the barrier. I smirked, trying to hold in my laughter. Pierce banged on it one more time and threw his hands up in anger. This was going to be a long day.