Chapter 22

Jade's POV:

He won't kiss me. Pierce won't kiss me. I'm surprise its bothering me this much. Every time we get close, he pulls away. It makes me want to yank all my hair out. I know I should be worrying about the war that's coming, but I can't focus on anything. My fighting is better. Normally that would be a good thing, but I'm only fighting better because I'm angry.

I sighed and took another punch at Pierce. I think he knows that he has this affect on me. "Something on your mind." He ducked as I aimed for his head.

"No." I moved to circle around him.

"You sure?" He moves closer to me. "You've been acting strange." He puts his hands down and walks closer to me. Pierce grabbed my hands and put them on his shoulders, sparks shooting up my hands.

"I-I'm fine," I stuttered. I closed my eyes and took a breath. I do not stutter. Jadelyn does not stutter. "I'm fine," I said again. "Let's call it a day." I pulled away from him and walked back to the stairs.

Pierce grabbed my hand, spun me around, and pushed me into the wall. I turned my head, hoping to avoid his intense gaze.

"Look at me," He said. He ran his hand along my jaw and up my cheek, pausing at my lips. It felt like little sparks were coming out of his hand. I leaned into him. "Can you feel it?" His hand cupped my jaw, turning my head slowly to face him. I didn't look at him, but I knew what he meant. The sparks felt like heaven. It made me crave more of his touch.

"Yes," I whispered.

"Good." I could feel him staring at me. His hands felt soft against my cheek. I looked up at him, but he was too close. Our breaths were mixing with the other. We stared at each other, neither one of us moving or speaking. It was like an electric current was in the air. I could see his eyes turning darker. His wolf was fighting him, but mine wasn't. We both want this right now so there's no need for us to fight.

Kiss him. My wolf was aggravated. She wanted to make a move already, but I wanted him to.

"Kiss me," I whispered. That was all it took for his eyes to go completely black. I smiled as he grabbed under my chin and leaned down. I closed my eyes as I felt his breath fan my face.

"I'm going to go take a cold shower." He groaned before pulling away, leaving me pressed up against the wall. Pierce walked towards the stairs. He stopped on the first step and turned to look at me. His smile turned into a smirk as he winked at me, heading upstairs.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Fox's POV:

"What's up with Jade?" Megan asked. "She's been acting rude ever since she came back from training." I looked at her. The bruise had finally disappeared off her face, leaving no trace that I punched her.

"I think it has something to do with Pierce and Jake." I shrugged. "Pierce had heard Jakobs say he kissed Jade when you were out. Maybe he's taking it out on her instead."

"I guess that's better than him fighting Jake." Megan stood up and stretched. "How long do you think he's going to continue his little "punishment" on her?"

I shrugged. "I hope it's not too long." I grabbed my drink off the table and took a sip. "You know how she gets when she doesn't get her way." I shot her a look.

Megan shuddered. "Yeah, she gets all crazy and paranoid. Her wolf is always extra careful and alert. You remember last time how she dug up the whole backyard because she thought we left her favorite bracelet outside?" I let out a small laugh.

"We're going to have to be extra careful around her," I sighed. "I don't want her snapping at us because of Pierce." Megan grabbed my drink.

"You know," she started. "I've always thought it was going to be Jake and Jade until the end." She took a sip before giving it back.

"Well then it must be the end," I mumbled under my breath.

"On the contrary," a new voice interrupted. I looked up and narrowed my eyes at him. "I believe it's the beginning." Jade's father, James was standing in front of us.

I rolled my eyes. "What do you want?" I thought he would have left after Jade punched him. I guess some people have to learn the hard way.

"Well," he walked towards us and sat down on the couch next to me. "I think we need to make that alliance with the hunters." He frowned. "We have a battle to fight  don't we?"

I nodded. "The packs are still learning how to fight with each other."

James shot me a look. "They don't need each other. All they need to know is how to fight. Or how to fight well."

Megan let out a groan. "How do you expect us to win if we're not united?" James let out a growl. I looked at him. Is he part wolf?

"Why  don't you go ask  your parents?" James smiled causing Megan to let out a warning growl. "I'm just saying that if you weren't going through one of those isolated teenage stages, they'd probably be alive." It went quiet. I shifted in my seat next to James. I looked at Megan. I could feel the waves of anger hitting me. I could see her eyes swirling with black.

Megan ran to James, her eyes swirling with black. Her hand wrapped around his throat as she tried to choke the life out of him. James just sat still, looking Megan right in the eyes. I sighed. I guess he wasn't going to help himself.  I stood up and pushed Megan away. She fell on her back.

"You're joking right?" She growled at me. "You're defending him over me. Your cousin?!" She was shaking with anger.

"I'm not defending him or you." I shook my head at her. "I'm protecting Jade. And I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to go to a funeral in the middle of preparing for war."

"She's right." Another voice said. We all turned to look. Jade was standing at the entrance with Jake  and Pierce. "That's too much stress for me." She looked at me and nodded her head.

"Right now?" I asked her. Jade shrugged and ran her fingers in her hair.

"Better late than never." Jade grabbed her jacket off the couch and threw it on.

James stood up and cleared his throat. He grabbed my drink and took a sip. "Let's go befriend some hunters."