Preview

Jade's POV:

"Are you going to break our bond?" I asked once Pierced calmed down. It pained me to ask him, but I needed to know before we went to battle together. He looked at me, his eyes flickering- shifting between him and his wolf.

"It's funny," he chuckled. "I should be asking you that." Pierce took a few steps toward me, leaves crunching under each footstep. "Do you even want to be with me?"

"Of course I do," I said, looking up at him. "You know I do."

"Do I?" he asked. "What I do know is that ever since I showed up, all I have ever seemed to be is an inconvenience. Your mate, the inconvenience. I thought it would change because you're you. You're one of the greatest things of our kind; a legend, a myth. I respect that. Once I met you, I knew our bond would be different from my parents and my friends. However, I didn't expect when I found you was for you to be in love with another person."

"Pierce," I said. "I'm not--" 

"Don't," Pierce said softly, cutting me off. He cupped my chin, his thumb running over my bottom lip. "Let's not pretend like I haven't heard the stories already. You waiting for him. Him waiting for you. Even now, at this very moment. We can take one step forward, and he'll make you take ten steps back. I don't know how to compete with that."

"I'm not asking you to. I just want-"

"Hey, we found the vampire colony!" Jake shouted, cutting me off. He stood yards away from us, but our ears still twitched at the sound of his voice. Pierce sighed and dropped his hand, and backed away.

"See what I mean?" Pierce glanced at me, waiting for me to walk away from him. I took another step towards him, my hand reaching up to touch the side of his cheek. He stared down at me, a confused look flashing across his features. 

"Why don't you believe I'll ever choose you?" 

"Because you haven't so far."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone! I know it's been a while since I've last updated. I've been trying to decide how I want this story to end. But now, I think it's coming together quite nicely! In the meantime, tell me what you think so far? What would you possibly want to see?

Also, if I'm taking too long to update, catch my recent work here: https://vocal.media/authors/sydney-david

Until my next update, 

shelly314