Special Chapter

The time Luna spent in Aurora was dull. She lived for millions of years, seeing the same thing every day. She was pretty sure the land dwellers were having a better time on Earth than she was in her own personal realm. 

Although Luna was mostly known as the Moon Goddess, her help extended past the werewolves. Vampires, Fae, and even Hunters were under her rule. She knew that helping hunters came across as odd to the other species, considering that the hunter's sole purpose was to destroy them. Nonetheless, Luna was a Goddess and she answered to no one. Well, maybe someone.....

Luna met James over a decade ago when she discovered his species. Although she held the power to create soulmates for the werewolves, she simply could not give herself one. James, however, knew how to give himself a mate. His kind could mate as much as they wanted, but lucky for her, he only chose one mate. 

********

"Selene?" A voice called out behind her. It was her name, but she continued on as if she didn't hear anything. Her thoughts were too heavy to be bothered right now, but she knew who the voice belong to.  He was the only creature who dared to call her by her name. 

"Selene," this time his voice was persistent. She turned to see him standing a few feet away from her. She knew the great lengths it took to get to Aurora, especially with his species.  

"Yes?" She held his gaze, taking him in. She hadn't known how long it's been since she last saw him, but their love was still new and felt exciting. They were trying to make time to spend with each other. She had waited for him to say something, but the words never left. It seemed they were in their own world.

"I missed you," he finally says. She rolls her eyes, a small smile dancing on her lips.

"Why do you insist on calling me, Selene?" She questioned, completely ignoring him. She took a couple of steps, closing the distance between them. With every step she took, the air around them became heavy with electricity. He blinked a couple of times, trying to regain his focus. They both knew the effects they had on each other.

"Because that's your name," he laughs. "But no one calls you Selene  except me." James pulled her closer to him. He cups her chin, forcing her to meet his eyes with no escape. The intense look in his eyes started to overwhelm her, but there was nowhere she could look. She felt him everywhere, engulfed in his scent. 

"I missed you too," she whispers. Showing weakness was new to her. She was used to being one of the most feared and loved of the Realms. Yet here she was, almost falling to her knees at the sight of this man. She was in love with him and she knew that he knew. The only problem was that she was scared. Being so open about their relationship would eventually lead to combining their Kingdoms, making Aurora and all that comes with it a target.

"What are you so scared of?" He frowned at her. She pulled away from his touch, forcing her gaze to the ground. 

"I'm scared of everything, especially when it comes to us. You're ready to become," she paused, taking another step back. "Parents."

 His gaze shot to hers. "And you're not?"

"No," she said. "How could we bring someone into this Realm? I mean, look around." She gestured to Aurora. It was starting to appear lifeless due to all the wars that were happening. "There's no-one here. They're either fighting or dying. It seems like there is a war every day between species.  Aurora's starting to become lifeless. It won't be safe for anything, especially a child."

James was quiet for a moment. And it scared her. She did love him, but bringing a child into the chaos? She wasn't sure if she could do that. Not even for him.

"What can we do?" he finally asked. 

"What?" she whispered, almost as if she wasn't certain if she heard his question right. So he repeated it.

"I mean, there must be something we could do." He took a step towards her. "You're the only person in this world I want to have a child with and there won't be any wars or species to stop-"

She cut him off. The wheels in her brain were slowly turning towards an idea.

 "No more wars."

"Is that all you heard, 'no more wars'? Not the, I want to have a baby with you part?" he grinned. She rolled her eyes.

"If there aren't any more wars," she walked towards him, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Then we can have a child."

A puzzled expression crossed his face. "I may be powerful, but stopping a war since the dawn of time isn't exactly part of my skillset, Selene."

"I know, which is why I have an idea." He raised a brow. "We could set up a peace treaty between the Realms and their species, especially with the vampires and werewolves."

He made a face. "I'm not sure if that's the best idea. Vampires and Werewolves making up. Do you hear how ridiculous that sounds? And you want to use the other species apart of that agreement? Honestly, Selene, do you really think the Hunters will want to work with either of them?"

"There must be something that they could all benefit from when working together," Selene said. "I'm pretty sure they're tired of losing people."

James let out a sigh and rubbed his temples, trying to figure out every pro and con to this.

 "For the sake of the argument, let's say we do get them to sign a peace treaty.  How do you suppose we go about Fae, Witches, and the Shadows? I remember when vampires went to war with witches since they were doing necromancy to make the vampires kill themselves. Oh, and let's not forget how much the werewolves hate witches since they forced them into turning around the same time they were doing necromancy on the vampires. Werewolves and Vampires using the peace treaty and working together to overpower the witches is a possible outcome."

Selene let out a small sigh, taking in all this information. There were a lot of loopholes for this treaty, but she was choosing to remain optimistic. "What about the Fae? They're your people so it shouldn't take hard to convince them."

"Yet you forget," James started. "They have my light running through their veins. Vampires might not be able to control themselves around Fae. We can't give them any ideas on using them to walk in the sun. There won't be any Fae left. It would only be drunken vampires or hybrids if possible."

"Why don't we just give them the chance to walk in the sun?" Selene shrugged as if she hadn't said anything important. She cut him off, catching the pure look of hatred on his face. "Now don't get me wrong, they were created for the darkness. But what if we gave them your light as well and it slowly went away every time they killed a human?"

"Like putting them on some weird diet?" James let out a laugh. "Who are we going to get to monitor them?" Selene gave him a look, hoping he could figure that out on his own. "The witches?" She nodded. "The only one left is the Shadows, but I don't think we should be worried about them. They haven't caused any troubled and besides, no one enters that Realm unless they have a death wish."

"So that's it?" Selene asked. 

"That's it," James said.

"Are you sure you want to do this? We don't even know what the child could come out as. There are so many possibilities, but I do know our kid is going to be powerful."

James moved to grab Selene. He pulled her closer to him than before, so she could feel his heartbeat. He tilted her head up to meet his intense gaze. Selene reached up and slowly captured his lips, kissing him with so much force that their energies started to mix with each other. Light and Dark. Day and Night. For the first time, Selene could actually see hope being restored within the Realms. But first things first, she needed to get pregnant.